1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with sound?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by tanuki, Jan 29, 2003.

1. tanuki

tanuki Guest

Sound seems to be a recurring problem! there are so many threads with sound problems... here's mine:

I split a DivX file into two, and found that the first file has both video and audio - it was perfect. BUT the 2nd file had no audio whatsoever. During the encoding session i realised that the audio data for the second file stayed put at 24KB. I did the key frames thing, direct stream copy and even tried full processing for the audio, but nothing helps.
    what can i do?

2. tanuki

tanuki Guest

oh, i forgot to mention i used vdub! any assistance is appreciated...

3. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

Did you try splitting the second half again from scratch? We've all probably been guilty of hurrying towards the end of a project and forgetting to do something, I know I have at least, or maybe it just didn't take the process well the first time around.

4. tanuki

tanuki Guest

thanks for the advice, but it doesn't seem to help! i read in the Vdub documentation something about how the Fraunhofer MP3 audio compression may be the cause of my problems, does anyone know anything about this?