1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Streambox VCR PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by peterpan, Sep 8, 2002.

1. peterpan

peterpan Guest

Hi all,

I have been using Streambox VCR for about a year now and I'm having trouble trying to download a streaming ra file from www.buffy.com.

I've used URL Snooper and here is the relevent stuff it comes up with:
    http://cgi.cbs.com/video/video.pl/?...om/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm&plugin=1&proto=rtsp
    rtsp://real.cbsig.net/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm?
    rtsp://real.cbsig.net:554/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm?
    rtsp://real.cbsig.net:554/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm?/streamid=0;seq=0;rtptime=0
    rtsp://real.cbsig.net:554/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm?/streamid=1;seq=0;rtptime=0
    rtsp://real.cbsig.net:554/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm?/streamid=0;seq=150;rtptime=0
    rtsp://real.cbsig.net:554/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm?/streamid=1;seq=1001;rtptime=0

I can't get anything to download in Streambox VCR.

Can some one who has Streambox VCR & URL Snooper please check out http://www.buffy.com/video_new/20020903_buffy_fall.shtml and see if they can download it?

Thanks.

2. peterpan

peterpan Guest

OK, after some mucking about hear is what I have discovered:

* Typing in: rtsp://real.cbsig.net/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm into RealOne Player brings up the video and both the audio and video stream well.

* Pasted in: rtsp://real.cbsig.net/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm into Streambox VCR 1 beta 31 - SMfix and it tries to download the file but it keeps on bring up this:

Waiting...
    Filename C:\PROGRAM FILES\STREAMBOX\STREAMBOX VCR\received\2002_pt_buffy.rm
    Attempt 1
    rtsp://real.cbsig.net/www.upn.com/buffy/2002_pt_buffy.rm
    Flying Raichu RTSP protocol
    Looking host real.cbsig.net
    Host found 63.240.56.43
    Connecting real.cbsig.net:554, ip: 63.240.56.43
    Receiving Data
    Indexs created
    Connection lost
    Retry idle 20 seconds
    Attempt 2
    Found lost index tag, truncating file to 491, indexs created
    Connection lost
    Receiving Data
    Retry idle 20 seconds
    Attempt 3
    Connection lost
    Receiving Data
    Retry idle 20 seconds
    Attempt 4
    Connection lost
    Receiving Data
    Retry idle 20 seconds
    Attempt 5
    Connection lost
    Receiving Data
    All Attempts Passed

What's going on? Can anyone sucessfully download this file in Streambox VCR??

Thanks.

3. byrd5424

byrd5424 Guest

I am having the same problem . I think RealNetworks has come up with something new to block the recording of these sites. I was recording several streams from a page but was knocked off when the server was removed. I tried for several days but the Server was just Offline . When the Server came backup I could View the Stream but was no longer able to record the Stream. I think this will take some Investigation to correct the problem . If you find the answer before me could you please Post it ...

4. OpelBlitz

OpelBlitz Member

I think that happened too. For the life of me I can't get stuff to download. :/

5. byrd5424

byrd5424 Guest

I seen the following Information posted on slashdot . I've tried so far and haven't had any luck. See if you can give it a try .

1) get the url to the file.
    go to the site, start viewing the movie. now you should be able to find the link in your temp internet files.
    .... or, just use URLsnooper [geocities.com].

2) Get streambox
    Now you should have the link to the .rm file, you need to save the file. For this I used StreamBox VCR [geocities.com]. Get the latest beta and patch and crack as instructed. Test the program on some file. If you have problems, there is a manual here [tiscali.nl]

3) patch streambox
    you can try on the .rm file, but you will get a http error before it manages to save the file. The problem is the user agent, as targo explained. Streambox sends a mozilla header, not a realmedia header, so you will have to hex edit streambox. So get a hex editor (eg ultraedit [ultraedit.com]), open the vcr.exe file and ctrl-f to find (ascii) the string "mozilla". When found, CAREFULLY replace

"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT; CNETHomeBuild051099; DigExt)" with
    "RMA/1.0 (compatible; RealMedia)" - followed by 44 white spaces, so you dont change the size of the file!

4) get the file
    now save and run vcr.exe file, get the file. streambox should now send the proper header, and you should be getting the file.
    I had to change "amount of attempts" to unlimited, and I lost the connection once... but it worked.

6. wetfires

wetfires Guest

I have the same problem trying to download from this file

rtsp://real.6.streamos.com/6/interscope/nodoubt/rocksteady/video/underneathitall-making/00_behindunderneath.rm

I have installed the two patches.

I get an "Connection Lost" error

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2002
  7. Hina

Hina Guest

Hi, i need help with this also
    i wanna d/l the file..but cant ..as it says user okay, but need password.user not logged on ....wad does it mean?
    i had no problem with the 1st file but after d/ing the real player application, i cant d/l the 2nd one..wad is the meaning of this?

8. vertigo22

vertigo22 Member

I've tried all of this, but I still can't get the files I want - I'm trying to get a webcast from DCN.com, so maybe that's just plain impossible, but if there's a way to do it, please let me know...

if possible, please email me at vertigoman@aol.com

9. watchman

watchman Guest

I've finally hex-edited and patched my way to a WORKING VCR and it has NO rtsp errors! For all that have been having problems, give it a try:

www.ideaone.net/~tisland/vcr.zip

Hope it helps

10. piomode

piomode Member

I'm experiencing similar problem with a password protected realmedia file. A file in the format:

rtsp://5yx99tyt:9yxxxyw22x20@content01.aebn.net:554/cf00011/69_17000_99s7ssq7.rm

(where the username/pass changes about every 30 minutes I think)

I've changed the MSIE header info in the streambox vcr.exe file to RMA/1.0 but to no avail.

I've used the URLSnooper, and the file location was as above but without the password; so I've put that URL into streambox and in the 'auth' fields put the current username/pass, but it will not start downloading. Although after the hex edit, it is not getting an error, it just sits there.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2002
  11. JAdmiral

JAdmiral Member

I noticed here on Afterdawn.com that there's a new patch to d/l rtsp streams.

So I follow the instructions (apply SMF crack to my RealOne version, then use the new patch to find the VCR file, apply patch, voila!). The patch even said it was successful.

Problem is-- "About VCR" still doesn't reflect the 'version 2' of the patch, and I still can't d/l rtsp files.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

12. micklynn

micklynn Member

The problem I'm having, after installing all the patches for Streambox, during download: "You need to obtain a new player to play this clip. Please point your web browser to http://www.real.com and download the latest RealOne Player from RealNetworks. Once you have installed it you should try this clip again."

It shouldn't matter if I have RealOne installed, right?

13. bazabba

bazabba Member

I had the same problem. I downloaded watchmans hexedited copy of the program (vcrturbo.exe) and it worked on the first try. thanks watchman!