1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP WITH SWAP MAGIC 3.0!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by yarg76, Apr 19, 2004.

1. yarg76

yarg76 Member

I recently purchased a swap magic 3.0 and my playstation has a hell of a time loading it if at all...when I swap the game it just turns red and gets a purple border and nothing happens...what is up I am using a sony dvd + - RW writer and sony dvd-r media also burning with dvd decrypter...so is it normal for it not to load until about 15 tries later i don't wnat my ps2 to break and how can i get it to load faster?

thanks,
    -C

2. yarg76

yarg76 Member

also the game is mortal kombat deadly alliance

3. hunter929

hunter929 Member

are you saying that it does load after 15 tries, or never starts. I have a sony dvd+-rw also but use tdk and havnt had any problems(other than swapmagicfix solutions) yet. If it does load after many tries, you might try cleaning the lens, that seems to be a common problem. it should load after the first try, i have had the same problem with FFX-2 on memorex media, i would have to redo the whole process a couple times before it would start playing.

4. yarg76

yarg76 Member

yeah it does load but it takes a long time to get it to load and it sounds like its being really hard on my ps2 ...lots of ticking and spinning and stopping... what do you use to clean the lens? i thought you weren't supposed to touch that. It has never been cleaned.

thanks,
    -C

5. hunter929

hunter929 Member

I use a dvd laser lens cleaner for ps2, dvd, &pc. i got it from consolesource, but you should be able to find it at your local electronic store. They say that you can also use a q-tip w/ alcohol but i think you have to take your case apart, its more than I want to do anyhow. You might try another brand of media (tdk, verbatim, ritek) just get a couple and burn the same way as the other, ps2 are sometimes funny about what they like. seem to be different.

6. rpglover

rpglover Member

Hello,
    I've been having a similiar problem and I was just wondering if you could help me with it. I have a PAL psx2 and I've been trying to play the NTSC version of Suikoden 3. I'm using those swap magic disks and I have version 3. But when I play the screen just goes red with a purple or blue border. I've heard that some games you simply can't play do you know if this is one of them. Also do you think burning the game and using that would make any difference. Finally if just kept on tying to load the game do you know if it eventually would work.
    Thanks,
    and sorry about this being such a long post.