1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with swap magic!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bignick15, Nov 1, 2003.

1. bignick15

bignick15 Member

Im having trouble booting a game from swap magic + flip top lid. first i put in swap magic and, and when prompted i lift the lid and place the backup in. but nothing happens, and when i press x, everything freezes. I do have the USA build. any suggestions?

2. Moderator

Moderator Guest

Didn't you read the directions? Just do the regular thing that you are supposed to do with Swap Magic. Open tray with button, put swap magic disk in (cd or dvd), close tray with button, let load, wait until it says "insert disk", put in slide card in 2 cm from the left side, slide it to the right, slowly pull tray out, put in back-up, close the tray by pushing it in! Put slide card back in all the way at the right, slide to the left until you can't slide anymore, press X, if blue it worked, if red it didn't work.

3. bignick15

bignick15 Member

wtf dude i said i have a flip top lid not a slide card. also it was a dvd-rw disc...for testing.. do those usually work?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

What game are you trying to play, and how did you back it up? Oh yeah, dont use dvd-rw, they usually dont work for games._X_X_X_X_X_[small]V4 PS2, flip top, SMD, CDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  5. coladuna

coladuna Member

no wonder it didn't work. as far as i know, rewritable discs don't work with ps2 games.