1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Sync from VCD to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jesterhud, Feb 27, 2005.

1. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Whats happening with Magix Movie DVD maker that i use is, i have the movie split into chapters etc and ready to burn, the Audio/Video is synched ok, but when i burn the disc and then play it the synch is ok for the first half of the movie but in the second half the Audio/Video is offset by a few seconds.

Whats going wrong with that ??

I have followed some advice and split the Movie now using TEMPenc into an AVSEQ01.m1v file with the Video, and an AVSEQ01.mpa file with the Audio, what do i do now ??

Is there a good Freeware DVD producer thats easy to use and will allow me to split the movie (which is one long scene in the .m1v file) and allow me to add my own backgrounds etc to menus..

Help me please, this is driving me mad !!!!!

2. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Help anybody !!!

3. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Come on Guys, someone must know the answer !!!

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

What you should have are mpegs.
    If thats what you have,you could try vso divxtodvd.
    Im not sure if this will fix your problems,but you asked for freeware to try, and divxtodvd is not only free, but simple to use and fairly fast.

download here :http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm
    guide to use: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vso_divxtodvd_guide.cfm
    good luck
    jD

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  5. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Ok i tried the advice above and it kind of worked, it made the movie into 4 seperate VTS.VOB files which i then burnt to a disc using CopytoDVD , the disc plays ok and the Audio/Video is lined up all the way through, only complaint now is its created its own scene breaks, ignoring the ones i created using Magix which were on the MPEG file that i used with VSO DivxtoDVD, the movie is a live music concert so the scene breaks are now in the middle of songs rather than at the beginning of each song, any way around this ???
    Thanks for the info so far.

6. joe777

joe777 Member

Maybe you could re-author the dvd with IFO Edit or you could try TMPGE DVD Author and then insert your own chapters wherever you wish.Shrink has a re- author mode but I'm not sure whether you can insert your own chapters or not.But anyway IFO Edit is free and Shrink is free and TMPGE is the daddy but not free

7. joe777

joe777 Member

TMPGE DVD Author is not free but you can try it for 30 days, try here http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda.html
    It's hell of a easy to use and produces the goods.Version 1.5 will be fine, use 1.6 if you have a dual layer burner.
    IFO Edit and Shrink can easily be found on this site just run a search for them (maybe dvd author is here aswell, I never looked)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  8. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Thanks Joe, i think Temp has cracked it, you saved my sanity, i love this site !!