1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with TA-082

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Scoobybn, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Scoobybn

Scoobybn Guest

i want to downgrade but have TA-082 is it good if i do it or not

2. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

nothing wrong with it if u downgrade it u wont be able to go back up to 3.30+firmware if ur on 2.8X-3.03You need an unpatched version og Grand theft auto liberty city storys(which is kinda (REALLY!!)hard to find)if u have anything above 3.03(exept 3.51) upgrade to 3.50 and get the game Lumines(not lumnes2)lumines

BTW:it took me 57 stores to find it(found mine at last chance in circuit city)dont be suprised or sad-Mad if u dont find it on ur first try If your firmware is 2.71or less(orginallymine) just type Sony 2.XXdowngrader for PSP on Google

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

yeah, let me translate what that dude above me just said but keep it simple for you.

Your just fine with a TA-082. You just need to follow the guide here:

http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks...er-guide-all-downgradable-firmware-90919.html

and upgrade to 3.5 (not 3.51) and then downgrade to 1.5 and then ice the cake with an upgrade to 3.5 OE-A and you're all set

Like mexicn said, you'll need to buy the game Lumines. I got mine used for 10 bucks at Gamestop. Used is your best bet since most stores that carry it new have sold out since the exploit was found.

4. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

lol mybad im used to typing fast like right now

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  5. MMMike

MMMike Member

so wait i have a TA-082 and 3.5 firmware...and i set up all the downgrade stuff or lumines???will it work...cause im gonna cry if it doesnt work...eh???

6. elcampion

elcampion Member

as long you follow all the readme files you should have no problems.

7. k_o_m

k_o_m Member

Yes you can. Download this and follow the directions, and poof! You're back to Sony's firmware.

8. MMMike

MMMike Member

oh gee thankx alot you guys..u really helped..i been trying to find answers to these questions fo forever....but yet i got a new question...when i download emulators...say the SNES one...what am i supposed to do???i get the emulator...i get a ROM for snes but how do i get it on ma psp...i been looking around forever but no1 precisely explains how too...not that i knwo of...ive looked at psphacks but i dont get it and youtube but ehh...so if sum1 culd assist me wit dat id be grateful ahha

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@MMMike,

lol, slow down their man. We got to get you downgraded before we can explain the intricacies of homebrew like emulators and roms. What firmware are you currently at? And what motherboard version do you have? Tell us that, we/I will post the appropriate downgrading guide and we will go from there.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  10. modster

modster Regular member

how can you tell which motherboard version you have on the PSP?

11. MMMike

MMMike Member

haha okkk im on 3.50 firmware and i have everything i need to comense the Lumines downgrade...i have a TA-082 motherboard but the guys up there in the forum says i can still downgrade...correct right???

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@modster

You can tell what motherboard version by checking the pcb/mobo for a set of numbers in specific places.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

haha okkk im on 3.50 firmware and i have everything i need to comense the Lumines downgrade...i have a TA-082 motherboard but the guys up there in the forum says i can still downgrade...correct right???

Well the 3.50 downgrader is universal it will work with any motherboard. So let me know if you have a copy of Lumines, as I have a guide all typed and ready to go. If you have a copy I'll post the guide asap.

14. MMMike

MMMike Member

oh yay...wow man uve been a great help but no man no need to waste ur time on that i got it all set up...thanx man...so when im on 1.5...should i go to 3.40 OE-A???what does that have to offer??/is it better than the previous 3.03 OE Custom firmwares???wat do u recommend?

15. MMMike

MMMike Member

actually u can post the guide...i can double check to see if i did everything right :)

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

If your already at a custom firmware then you definetly did everything right :) I would go to 3.40 OE-A, I personally use 3.51 M-33 but it has limited to no customization as of now and is still slightly buggy. But it does incorporate the Sony .iso loader which is a plus and I haven't had to dig out any of my UMD's since I started using the new sony iso loader.

17. MMMike

MMMike Member

kk sounds good but how to i get emulators to run on my psp???i downloaded emulators like the SNES emulator and sum ROM's but how do i get them to run on ma psp???so confusing...hahah oh yeah thanx in advance for helping me out...i appreciate it alot

18. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Most emulators today have two folders, one being the name of the emulator and another the name of the emulator with a percent sign (%) on the end. Both of these folders go in your GAME folder. The placement of ROMS depends on the emulator though, so that information should be able to be found in the read-me. However most emulators have a ROM folder in one of the emulator program folder(s).

19. MMMike

MMMike Member

do u possibly have ne links that do include the percent sign and tha emulator folder cause everywhere emulator i download doesnt include that.

20. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well I have a N64, SNES, and NES emulator currently and have used many others in the past. And all of them but the NES emulator have had a folder structure like I described. So what emulators in particular do you have problems with? What are the emulators names and what systems do they emulate?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007