1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with taking files off a DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jesterhud, Mar 3, 2005.

1. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Hi

I have a DVD+R that has two live music concerts on it showing as two seperate movies when you run the DVD, i want to take them off onto my computer, and make them into Individual DVDs with Menus, Scene Breaks etc..
    I have the Software to do the Menus and Burning , just wondering what is the best way to get them off the DVD onto my HDD, i've tried DVD Decrypter but it gets halfway thru and stops with an error message saying it cant do it ???

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

try dvd shrink doing the reauthor thing. and manually choose the two concerts to rip. they should be the ones with the longest running time.

3. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Hi
    Ok i tried the above, but no luck , i finally got it to work using IsoBuster, thing is i now have 1 Video_TS.VOB, 1 Video_ts.BUP, 1 Video_TS.IFO, 1 VTS_01_0.IFO, and 5 VTS_01 VOB files saved on my HDD,

I have tried using TEMPenc to work on the movies but that only shows up as there being one movie saved on the HDD instead of two, and when i open the one in TEMP the picture is awful, lots of distortion and no Audio ??

Help anyone...

4. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

now that they are on your computer try dvd shrink and reauthor and for the first movie just pick the files you want to use and then do it again and pick the files for the second movie and then you should have two seperate dvd folders with the content you want

5. jesterhud

jesterhud Member

Can't get this to work either, when i open re-author, i cant find the files to open, they are in My Documents, but dont appear on the re-author screen.

6. Derrick97

Derrick97 Member

After opening Dvd Shrink click Open Files and select the folder for the concerts. Then click Re-Author and the individual parts will be on the right side. Select one and click the play button on the bottom left hand side to see exactly what each part is. Use this to find exactly what you want. Once found, drag that selection over to the left side. Then click Backup.

7. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

put all of the files in a folder named VIDEO_TS and then click the folder, dont try to click the contents of the folder just the folder itself