1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with the recycle bin in my comp?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bombvelle, May 1, 2005.

1. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

hi peeps. um i need help, can anyone help me please? well, my recycle bin is not working properly, the icon picture is when there is trash in it, and i try to empty recycling bin, so it says "Are you sure you want to delete these 79 items?" so i choose yes, but doesn't do anything. i open it, and there's nothing in it, but the icon is still the one with trash in it. but say i want to delete some stuff, i do store stuff in there cuz i dont want it, but then when i want it back, i open it, and it's gone? even when i didn't empty it yet, and when i empty the bin it goes with that line "Are you sure you want to delete these 79 items?".. so has this ever happened to anyone? is there any way to fix it? thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

download & run ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com as cleans out recycle bin, cookies, history & whatever

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

One other thing that you can try is to find any file on your computer, and copy that file to another location. Then right click on the file in the new location, and delete it.

Now, empty the Recycle Bin, shut down the computer, reboot, and see if the icon stills shows trash.

BTW, the file that you dump in the bin doesn't have to be a large file.

4. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

hi, thanks fer yer suggestions. i tried them but they don't seem to work. ahh this thing is pissing me off! i really use this recycle bin as a folder lols, im stil having a problem with it. i hope im not gonna have to reboot my whole system, but oh well. i'll reboot when i really have to

5. ddp

are you using norton at all??

6. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

yea.. but that doesn't seem to work either..

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If you right click on the Recycle Bin, then click on Properties, then click on Norton Protection, then click on Empty Protected Files, it might rectify the situation.

BTW, I hope that you are kidding when you say that you are using the Recycle Bin as a storage folder.

8. ddp

yes as you might just have emptied out what was in there!!

9. bombvelle

bombvelle Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so pissed now!!!!!!
    that ccleaner crap deleted my norton antivirus!!!! omg never trust those bastards ever! damn! now my desktop has this black wallpaper on it that said "warning! danger! remove this spyware now!" and all this shittt omggggggggg!!!!!!! how the hell am i gonna get it back dammitttttt

10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What did you do to cause that?

11. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

ccleaner doesnt do that, try to run disc clean up under the system tools. and there isnt a real need for cussing ..