1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with tmpg!!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by maxkd, Jan 12, 2004.

1. maxkd

maxkd Guest

objective:to convert divx/mpegs to dvd compliant mpeg11 ive just converted a file and it saved it as an "inc]" file ..whats this? and what do i do with it from here?,wont let me open it in tmpg dvd author am i doing something major wrong its possible as im a newbie ps.reason im doing this is i only have a ps2 to play dvds on so vcd is no good! bit of a pain but heh any help is much appreciated!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why don"t you tell us ,You converted it?? What Made you think that you had to do this?? You are supposed to convert the files to DVD Compliant mpeg2 which would be a ".mpg" File...After you have the mpg file you would author it to DVD useing something like Tmpgenc DVD author......

3. maxkd

maxkd Guest

yep im aware i need to convert it to mpeg11 as i stated in on my question and also said id tried dvd author!I discovered it is actually an unknown format file(not an inc file),its just i right clicked the file for properties and it said inc file but that doesnt exist i dont think? but i think it used part of the file name and displayed it as the type!!so not sure why this happened,anyway im trying it again hopefully it should convert ok this time,wheres the link to the tmpg guide anyone! better check im doing it right i need a step by step guide with pics if poss!!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

There is no such a Thing as a "inc" file when it comes to makeing a DVD or mpeg file...If the File was Just Named Improperly then rename it from Inc to .mpg and then try to author it to DVD...How did you create this file???