1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with TMPGenc Plus 2.5

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WDPRulez9, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. WDPRulez9

    WDPRulez9 Guest

    When i hit start


    It says:
    you are trying to create MPEG-2 file

    To plaback MPEG-2 file DVD player software needs to be installed on your system.
    Mpeg-2 files can not be palyed without such playback software.

    What do i have to install or do to fix this prob thanks.
     
  2. Minion

    Minion Senior member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2003
    Messages:
    5,768
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    116
    This is Not a Problem it is Just a Message telling you that you will need DVD Playback software to Watch this File after you have Created it....Just Click the "Do not display message Next time" Box and you will never see the message again, It is Not an Error it is Just some friendly Information.....
     
  3. WDPRulez9

    WDPRulez9 Guest

    O thanks but i still cant get TMPGenc to work becuas read errors pop up can anyone help me with that thanks.
     
  4. Minion

    Minion Senior member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2003
    Messages:
    5,768
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    116
    Read errors are 75% of the Time due to corruption in your AVI file, Your AVI file might Play Perfectly in any software Player But that doesn"t mean it is corrupted...The other 25% of the Time it is Because your AVI file was encoded useing the XviD codec, Tmpgenc doesn"t Like the XviD Codec at all and Most of the Time will not encode the Files at all unless you Frameserved it to Tmpgenc useing AVISynth or Virtual-Dub...You might also consider useing a different encoder as Tmpgenc is a Bit Buggy especially when it comes to Downloaded files....
     
  5. WDPRulez9

    WDPRulez9 Guest

    O ok thx
     

Share This Page