1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with TMPGENC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DStrange, Oct 10, 2004.

1. DStrange

DStrange Member

I have a problem. Recently got 3 svcd's that were good quality. I wanted to put them back together and put them on a dvd. So I got the mpg files off.

I took tmpgenc, and combined them. For some reason the audio was out of sync. So I said okay I'll just encode them to m2v and mp2 seperately and join them by adding them together in the tmpgenc dvd author.

I had to re-encode it so that tmpgenc would accept it, but now that I've done that I cannot access the audio files that tmpgenc created. It's saying illegal format.

2. DStrange

DStrange Member

New problem with it :(

I have all the files combined together. They play beautifully as an mpg. When I load it into TMPGENC to re-encode it to dvd standards TMPGENC only picks up the first Disc worth of information for the source range. What happens to the rest of the mpg?

3. DStrange

DStrange Member

Its 100% the audio. I have ripped out the audio and the video works perfectly.

I have used tmpenc to try and rip out the audio and the following happens. When I try and add it in the audio with tmpgenc dvd author it says its not a Mpeg layer II audio or PCM (its layer II, I already re-encoded using TooLame/SSRC with tmpgenc).

The other funny thing is if I click on the file in Windows it will says Explorer.exe has committed an era and is shutting down. It will crash that file window.

Anyone know whats going on?

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

What are the details of this/these SVCDs that have no audio after encoding to MPEG-2 (DVD Compliant) ?
    If you dont know then a free small proggie called 'G-Spot' will tell you (can be found in software section here on aD)

[bold]herb[/bold]

5. DStrange

DStrange Member

I've actually already ran the video/audio through the TMPGENC wizard to make it DVD Compliant so let me go ahead and put the info there. Using AVICodec.

Video : 2.69 GB, 8000 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 720*480 (16:9), MPG1 = MPEG 1 (VCD), Supported

Here is the original mpg file that has both audio and video in it at the moment. This is before conversion though.

Video : 2.13 GB, 2144 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 480*480 (1.0:1), = Elecard MPEG2 Video, Supported
    Audio : 228 MB, 224 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x50 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 1, Supported

Whenever I run that file through, I get it divided into the m2v file (which runs perfect) and the mp2 file, which is the one that when I even click it crashes the windows file folder.

The only thing I can think of is that I need a special codec for the MPEG 1 Layer 2 VBR Audio setting (normally I just use a wav, but was going for quality this time). Looking for one right now.

6. DStrange

DStrange Member

If I use lower end audio everything works fine :(

No clue why, but I'll just use lower end.