1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with TMPGENnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dudikoff, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Dudikoff

Dudikoff Member

I am trying to convert a AVI file i downloaded to DVD. I dowloaded the program TMPGEnc 2.5 to help me do this but, when i get to the second wizard window(2/5), to select a file to convert to MPEG, i try open the file in the Video File box and it says the avi file cant not open or unsupported. Any reason why its like this??

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Two possible reasons, actually.

The first reason is that you miss the proper codec. You should have installed, on your PC, XviD and DivX and youll support most of the AVIs (I never fount an AVI encoded on another language). XviD is completeely free, DivX trial is free and, for decoding purposes, is enough.

The second reason: on TMPGenc, on Option__Environmental Setting__VFAPI Plug-in, you see the list of the available decoding plugins.
    You should have, at the tpo priority, DirectShow Multimedia File Reader. If it's not enough, raise the priority of the AVI2 (OpenDML) file reader too.

3. Dudikoff

Dudikoff Member

i downloaded the program AVI codec from this site from one of these guides. Is this good enough or should i download the programs you recommended??

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't know it, but I noticed that the proper behaviour is just to stick with the two original codecs. You'll avoid any risk of incompatibility among applications.

5. attar

attar Senior member