1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Torrents plz

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jimmy1979, Mar 14, 2005.

1. jimmy1979

jimmy1979 Guest

Hey people
    Ok i had a 512k connection from AOL with no router fitted.. I was downloading at about 56-58kbps which was pretty good.. I now have a 2mb Fibre Optic connection with a 2wire homeportal router.. I have opened ports 6881-6999. The problem is on a single torrent i cant seem to get above 30kbs and thats with say 36 seeds and 39 peers. The only way i can max out my download speed which is about 250kbs is to have loads of downloads going.. I have tried leaving single torrents downloading to see if the speed goes up.. But cant beat the 30kbs barrier at the moment.. I am using azureus, winxp pro with sp2 installed..

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me..

Oh as this is the first router i have ever used u might need to use noob language for me...lol... Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  2. jimmy1979

jimmy1979 Guest

I am so thick.. I was trying to set the router up which i have never done before and forgot to allow norton firewall to forward the ports... Downloading at 210kbs now... If any one wants to know i forwarded 6881-6999.. Sorry to waste your time...
    cheers