1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP with Universal Unbricker V3 Easy Installer using FAT/SLIM 1.50/Custom Firmware PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by amymac, Dec 27, 2007.

1. amymac

amymac Member

I have followed all the instructions on posting for "Universal Unbricker V3 Easy Installer using FAT/SLIM 1.50/Custom Firmware PSP" and when I put the pandora's battery into the PSP SLIM with 3.60 sony firmware & in the PSP Fat with 3.52 Sony Firmware, The green light comes on but it doesn't boot into any menu or anything to give me an option to install, just keeps the black screen.

I have a PSP Slim with 3.71 M33-2 Firmware which I created the Magic Memory Stick with. I also created the Pandora's Battery in the same PSP.

I used Win xp to create the Magic Memory Stick with the Easy Installer. I have tried magic the MMS on a second Memory Stick Duo in case the first was faulty.

The Pandora Battery was made with my PSP SLIM that has the 3.71 M33-2 Firmware.

When creating the Pandora Battery I followed the instructions exactly on the section "PANDORA GUIDE: THOSE THAT HAVE CUSTOM FIRMWARE PSP"

Anyone can offer any assistance would be appreciated.

2. amymac

amymac Member

Just like to also note that I did trying using the X button after installing the pandora battery and magic memory stick and nothing happened also.

Cheers

3. adown

adown Member

Hi, after you ran pandora installer did you press L + X to install the msipl.bin? I didn't do this the first time and had the same result. It needs to be installed.

4. amymac

amymac Member

No, I didn't press the L & R triggers. I have read the instructions again and can't see when I need to do this. This was an automatic installer and I just followed the prompts in DOS. When would I need to do this ? Thanks for the response

5. Mngs74

Mngs74 Member

I haved installed this on numerous 3.60 slims and had no problem at all.

6. psp_n0ob

psp_n0ob Regular member

not left and right shoulder... l shoulder and x button. you do that i believe at the end of the hell cat program. also, don't forget to run dc3 as well. you also might want to try another installer. there is a guide here

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  7. amymac

amymac Member

Thanks for the reply, I really want to try and get this working ?

psp_n0ob - The link you gave me is the installer I used and followed to the letter. My post asking for help is also there with no response yet.

Mngs74 - Is there anything that I could have done wrong ? Your Pandora Battery, was it created from a PSP SLIM with 3.71 M33-2 or a FAT with 1.5 Kernal? Any suggestions?