1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with unlocking a 5140i please

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by petrvan, Apr 11, 2007.

1. petrvan

petrvan Member

I've got a 5140i that I bought from Hong Kong 'unlocked' that reverted to ""Phone Restricted" after 2 weeks of use. Can someone provide me with an unlocking code? The phone was originally on T-Mobile, but I don't know what country. I am in the United States and on the Cingular network.

Thanks.

IMEI: 353762000302933

2. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

If it was unlocked and it has locked itself back, it has some type of software problem and isn't going to unlock with any codes again. Even if it would, we would need to know the original country it was locked to and the original provider also. Either way, once a phone is unlocked, it's remains unlocked unless it has a software issue.

3. petrvan

petrvan Member

Thak you NoLimit. The dealer has offered to take a look at it and replace it if there is a problem with the phone. However, I was hoping to be able to avoid mailing it back to Hong Kong and waiting for replacement.

4. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

I know it's a difficult wait but I strongly suggest doing that. I had to send back a 6103 originally with T-Mobile to Nokia and they sent me back another new one unbranded straight from Nokia with no T-Mobile anything on it and unlocked but it was worth the month 1/2 wait.