1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with using SNES on PSP Firmware 3.40 OE-A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pateh89, Jul 3, 2007.

1. pateh89

pateh89 Member

I recently updated my PSP to firmware 3.40 OE-A....I put an snes emulator on my psp (snes9xTYL)....The emulator can load fine, but the games run really slow.....This was a problem i had with previous versions of my psp...I updated my psp with the intention of solving this problem

Anyone know what the problem could be?

2. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

sorry but changing ur firmware wont solve the problem.some games are compressed too much and they run slow but some games are in their original forms and they run fast with original speed. i have snes games like wwe wrestle mania the arcade and battle toads double dragons. when i play wrestle mania it is slow but when i play battle toads it is fast and i played these games when snes was first released that time these were the best games. i have 3.10 oe a and it is the best firmware for ur psp.

3. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

well have u tried setting ur speed to 333mHz?(recovery mode>CPU Speed> change both to 333mHz), or u could go to video in the SNES main menu and adjust the frameskip, and ur final option would be to try to see if u can find another rom that works faster

4. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

but there is no video settings in the snes main menu. i find that O RUN SQUARE RUN DEFAULT SETTINGS TRIANGLE PARENT DIR and on the other side press start to switch between NORMA and NETPLAY mode. etc. how can i go to video settings.

5. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

oo srry u dont have the same emulator as me srry :s have u tried boosting up the cpu speed?

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Try getting the latest version if you dont have it already

7. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

yeah i tried the cpu speed. it boosted my snes games a little. thanx for ur help. if u wouldnt told me i could not play them at good speed.

8. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

glad i could help :)
    o yea and you should try to get a more recent version so u can adjust the frameskip

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  9. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

ok u tell me the best version for psp. but it should play all iso games becoz my one 3.10 OE_A plays every iso and every iso i have downloaded. so what do u think about it. which version do u use and does it play all isos. reply soon. :)

10. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

lol i didnt mean the actual firmware, i meant the SNES emulator. As for the firmware, i have 3.40 OE-A and from the forums ive seen, it can play ISOS (im not sure if it can play ALL ISOS though cuz i havent tried it so ask someone else)

11. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

about 3.10 OE_A i heard everyone use it and admiring it. can u tell me how much psp games(ISO) do u have in ur computer and what are the best games u have.

12. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

i havent tried to play ISOS, so i dont have any.....

13. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

oh so why dont u play them for free. dont try to waste ur money on a tiny thing called umd. download them from websites and check them out. there is no difference between iso and umd game. even if so maybe a little.

14. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

yea i kno, i havent done it cuz i just downgraded and got custom firmware like last week aND ive been playing homebrew and now im working on putting custom backgrounds so ill probably put isos after i get a custom background, by the way where do u get ur isos from?

15. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

i have snes 9xtyl and in super mario world (just an example i have lots of other games that do the same thing) some levels are really slow and others really fast.how do i get to recovery mode like one person said?

16. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

but my sega games run at full speed

17. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

listen go to www.oneflyride.wordpress.com and drag down and at the right side u will see games starting from a to z choose the game letter u want to download and then go to the alphabet choose the game and click on its iso written below it. after sometime u will find a window which will ask u for megaupload software. u can download it from there its just 1.0 mb. in the same place u get. then when u install megaupload. choose on the iso game file again and again a same window will open now u enter the three codes in the box and go to game. right click on the download and then download it by flash get. its the best downloader. then wait for it to downlaod and then put the game inside ur psp iso folder and then enjoy.

18. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

thanks :D much appreciated and camaro17 u hold R while turning on the PSP

19. aftrdrawn

aftrdrawn Regular member

to go to recovery mode simply on ur psp and then toggle R button and hold the power button till its flashes and gets black screen dont release the R button and again on it. now its recovery mode dude.

20. camaro17

camaro17 Guest

thanks