1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with V12ps2 disc break issues

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by schnoo, Jun 3, 2007.

1. schnoo

schnoo Member

i have had a working PS2slim with swapmagic and homemade "tools" to make games work for the past 2 years. in the last two months, only the outer edges of some games won't load (games over 4GB)

hxxp://www.mod-chip.com/Lite/Slim_Tool_PS2_V12_Install_LITE.pdf

in this install, they call the part I am having trouble with the disc break/ DVD tray tab
    *again this is for a slim PS2 and the image that shows it is on page 4 of the link.

apparently if the Disc break is not tightly pushed over, the DVD laser won't be able to read the outer edges of DVDs.

so my problem is that even though i push the disc break over as far as possible with my finger its not reading some of the outer edges of the 4GB+ sized games during gameplay.

any suggestions for issues with the disc break?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

unless they are a member of that site no one can get the full guide to know what your talking about.

But i can tell you that if copied right a PS2 should have no problem reading a disc unless it is over 4.3GB and then it should be rebuilt before burning to ise with Swap Magic.
    And to avoid problems, good quality DVD's should ALWAYS be usd.

3. schnoo

schnoo Member

link for image
    i am no member but i can see this PDF

it is not a TOC issue... but i guess no one else is having this issue with the disc break... or I can't articulate it well enough

4. steimy

steimy Active member

The only thing i cn say is to check the install and make sure everything is still like it should be and that nothing has come loose. Investing in a Magic Keys II set would also not be a bad idea as it is a much better set.