1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with v180

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by test54, Feb 9, 2005.

1. test54

test54 Guest

I use windows xp i have a v180 my provider is cingular. I am trying to get motorola mobile tools to connect to my phone all it does is say intialzing and does nothing from there what can i do next? Is it cause i use cingular

2. nibyak

nibyak Member

Try this. I had the same problem with a V220. V180 is also in the list. I problem I had was that it just said initializing forever. I'm using Win2K Pro The way I fixed it (by accident) was to start MPT. Then I right clicked the little phone icon in the tray. I selected setup - general setup. I clicked on the communication tab. Then I clicked on the change modem button. It ran a modem test and came up with a "next" button. I clicked next and then selected "Motorola GSM" from the list on the left. Then I selected Motorola - V220 (you want to use V180 of course) on the right. Then I clicked finish and everything started working. Even though I'm never going to use the phone as a modem it seemed to kick start the interface.

3. test54

test54 Guest

thanks it worked i put to 20 second songs on and now it wont let me put anymore says its full anyway around this. I was also wondering does this cost me money on my cingular account

4. Fiffer000

Fiffer000 Member

It does not charge you cingular account, and a way to get more songs on is to use P2KMan and delete some of the original songs and media that came on the phone! There are a couple posts on how to install and use P2KMan!

5. 41thermal

41thermal Guest

hey, this isnt working for me. Can someone help me more in depth if possible? it sais modem being used by another. how? thanks.