1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with verabatim

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jtg80, Dec 9, 2004.

1. jtg80

jtg80 Guest

ive been usin verabtim eversince i realized quality of media is imprtant they work fine and dont pause howeer it seems like the picture quality is a little less than the ones i was using that would pause and freeze they were the GQ brands from fys electronics can anyone hep me with this

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

GQ brand is crap

if you are using verbatims, then I doubt it is the discs fault if you are noticing some kind of difference
    the difference in picture quality would be more from compression instead of disc brand
    i have used alot of different discs and never noticed a difference in picture quality from different disc brands

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  3. tomripley

tomripley Member

Indeed. The image quality more than anything depends on the quality of the mpeg2 data you put onto the disc.

Since DVD is a digital format what brand of media you use shouldn't have any effect on the image quality. If you burned the exact same movie to a Ritek and a Verbatim disk, each would contain the same string of zeroes and ones (provided the burn was good), and would therefore also have the same image quality.

Of course, some times a burn isn't good or the media is bad. In those cases the player will either have to spend extra time reading the data (leading to stuttering playback) or give up altogether, which is exactly what you experienced with the GQ disks. Subtle differences in image quality shouldn't occur, though.