1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with verbatim datalife 4x

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zixer, Sep 8, 2004.

1. zixer

zixer Member

im using the verbatim datalife 4x dvd+R, and im burning coasters when i burn movies, but they work in the ps2 fine for games..help please

2. akamurph

akamurph Member

Prolly bad media... I bought those same dvd-r's once, and my computer didn't even recognize about 30% of them in my dvd recorder. Switched over to different media and have never had a problem since... (p.s. try recording at a lower speed)

3. drchips

drchips Active member

Nice detective work!
    DVD-R or DVD+R??, different things..
    Couldn't have been your recorder; no, impossible..

zixer said:
    So, if they are burning fine for PS2 games (notoriously fussy about media) then a perfectly logical conclusion would be - the media is compatible and good...

The indications are that the burning process (structure or procedure) is at fault, and not the media.

Logic is a helpful tool in your problem-solving toolkit.

Have Fun...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  4. akamurph

akamurph Member

Do you just troll through these threads and then flame ppl? Nice detective work yourself dumb*ss -

I replied giving the person my opinion "I haven't had any luck with verbatim datalife in same situations". Has he tried any other media.

[bold]
    [/bold]
    Did I say dvd+r? Or did I say dvd-r? Read the text genious.

[bold]
    [/bold]
    Is it still the recorder when I tried them with two others and the discs still didn't work? ...no, I don't think it was the recorder - nice try tho :)

--------------------------------------------------

zixer, try recording at a lower speed, or use a different program. What program are you using now?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  5. zixer

zixer Member

im using nero and i have a pioneer a06,i just upgraded the firmware...i even tried a different brand of dvd-rs that worked with movies once before and even those dont work, and that was at 1x, what are the exact settings to burn the dvds, thanks

6. akamurph

akamurph Member

I use dvddecryptor to decrypt the movie. Then use DVD2One to extract the correct movie files. I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition to burn the DVD. In Nero make sure when the new compilation window comes up to select DVD from the dropdown list, then select DVD-Video. Under the Mulitsession tab set Multisession mode to No Multisession then press New. Then I just open the Video folder on the left and drag my movie files that DVD2One extracted into that folder, and burn (4X speed). www.doom9.net has some good guides if you are looking for more info.

7. zixer

zixer Member

im using iso file formats, not source dvds

8. debs182

debs182 Member

First of all get some good old reliable ritek discs. If you're trying to burn iso files, get a programme called tempeg dvd author. In tempeg there's a write dvd folder, click on that and you'll see an option saying write iso file to dvd click on that select the iso file and just burn. Or if you prefer to use nero just right click on the iso file and open with nero, personally i prefer to burn files with tempeg i only use nero for disc to disc burning.

9. khyperdan

khyperdan Member

i have used these brand in my khypermedia 8x dvd+r and they have worked great for me. I have burned close to 100 discs and never had i problem that wasn't my fault. BTW they burn at 8x for me really well. As to your probs perhaps a firmware flash may help ?

10. bruwery

bruwery Member

Zixer,

I've burned well over 60 DVD's using the same Verbatim media you mentioned, without any media related coasters. I've made four coasters, but each of them was software related. I suspect you may have the same problem.

Try this (if you haven't already):

When you encode, of course, the system creates files for the movie on the hard drive. Before burning, play the file from the hard drive in a program such as Windows Media Player or Intervideo, etc.

If the movie plays properly from the hard drive, you're good to go. My hunch is that the coasters you've made weren't properly decrypted in the first place. I've had this happen on a couple occasions. For those particular movies, I had to use a different program to decrypt the disk, and try again.