1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with video editing software for digital camcorder from Samsung

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by WPlotkin, Apr 17, 2005.

1. WPlotkin

WPlotkin Member

I just recently purchased the new fully digital sports camcorder from Samsung. It is the SC-X105L and it records to AVI (MPEG4) file format. The problem that I'm having is that I can't find any software that will allow me to edit my recordings and put them on DVD. The software that comes with the camera SUCKS!!! I have tried versions of Adobe Premiere and Pinnacle Studio's software. Adobe says in valid format and Pinnacle trashes. Does any one know of a good software program to edit AVI (MPEG4) video files? This camcorder is awesome but with out any way to edit the video it sucks.

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

2. wajax

wajax Member

my bro uses ulead dvd movie factory 3 disc creator edition (this will accept avi from your camcorder but will output as mpeg2) also nero 6 ultra edition(supports input avi. and output avi. /mpeg4) is good and packed with loads of features for all kinds of audio and video cd/dvd creation - try the trial versions and see if any of those suits your needs -if both are good i would lean more towards nero 6 (more bang for your buck) . and use firewire connection if you can to transfer your image to nero or whatever - if it is dv cam like mine the transfer speed isn't much difference than usb but quality of the transfer can be better .

3. WPlotkin

WPlotkin Member

I have Nero6 Ultra how do you get the video file(AVI)on to a DVD? The camcorder I have was just released in the United States Friday. It records to internal memory or Sony memory stick in AVI (MPEG4) file format. All I have to do is copy and paste from the camera to get the file to my computer. However that is when I'm running into problems. Nero will only allow be to burn the file as an AVI to VCD not to DVD. I really want to do some editing on the file first as well like and transitions and music, etc. The problem I'm running in to now is that the software programs I have tried either will not import the AVI (MPEG4) or the software crashes. Any ideas????

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  4. wajax

wajax Member

heres a little check list since i dont know how you have nero configured ...

1) in nero smart start is cd/dvd showing at the top ?
    2) in nero vision express did you choose "make movie " this will let you add transitions etc.
    3) at the bottom of the page after you input your video did you choose the "more" button then choose "default video options" this will give you a bunch of tabs at the top for your out put video properties ( they should match the input video properties ) ...you can check the properties of your video by moving the mouse over the video clip - and compare that to the settings on the dvd tab ( i don't like to use the automatic feature - i rather change them myself to = the input video-which also speeds up the process in case automatic decides to re-encode to a lower value.

if it still gives you svcd only - try going back to the nero smart start and change the box at the top from cd/dvd to dvd that may help - as it did in one case for me this way you will force it to only use dvd options and when you hit a roadblock u can try different things that are limited to just dvd .

try that - if you still have trouble - post back and list the steps you used

also have a blank dvd disk in the drive ready to go before you copy/paste your video and if/when the option appears ( usually about mid way up and to the right on a nero page ) that "dvd-5" is selected ,some apps in nero give the choice of dvd5, dvd9 , cd.

5. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Try Sony Vegas Movie Studio (30 Day free trial). Capture and edit the movie. Also you may try to go to the guide (See tab on top of this screen) section on this website and get a full guide to go from A to Z.

6. WPlotkin

WPlotkin Member

Thanks for the help WAJAX NERO Vision works get. It is fast easy and produces the DVD videos with the options I was looking for. It is even more user friend then all of the other software programs I tried that are designed specifically for video editing. Thanks again!!!!!