1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Video_TS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vinrpi, May 3, 2004.

1. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

Hi,
    I a have Video_TS folder of one of my DVD's. When I open it in DVD Shrink, it previews and sounds GREAT! When I burn it with Nero, I see it fine, but there is no sound.I think I am burning it right. I just dragged all the files into the red Video_TS folder and burned it. Any suggestions?

THANX!

2. daba

daba Guest

Can you hear the movie with a PC DVD player, such as Media Player Classic or Nero ShowTime ?

3. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

due to patent license restrictions Dolby 2 channel decoding is not available.(says I need some sort of plug in..) When I tried to open it in windows media player, it looks great but no sound. I only hear sound when I preview it in DVD Shrink.

Thanks!

4. daba

daba Guest

Media Player Classic and Nero ShowTime can decode Dolby sound.

You can hear it in Shrink because Shrink reads the original files, not the "shrunk" files. If you can't hear anything when you play the shrunk files, maybe there was something wrong in the way you used Shrink. What type of audio did you leave in the backup ? Dolby 2, Dolby 5.1, DTS ?

If you left more than one audio tracks in the backup, play the shrunk files with Media Player Classic (not Windows Media Player) and try selecting another audio track. Maybe there is something wrong with the default audio.

Daba

5. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

the audio is AC3 5.1....

6. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

Anyone else have the same problem?

7. daba

daba Guest

Is there [bold]only[/bold] AC3 audio in the backup ?

8. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

well, in DVD Shrink....It looks like this..
    1. AC3 5.1-ch English 308 MB
    2. DTS 5.1-ch English 0 MB
    3. AC3 2-ch English 0 MB
    4. AC3 2-ch English 0 MB

.....with 1,3 and 4 checked.
    Hope that helps....(sorry Im such a NOOB!) LOL

9. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Sounds like you are using a bad or 'unofficial' version of Nero.

If you are using -R's get burnatonce to do your final burn to disc.

http://www.burnatonce.com/

10. daba

daba Guest

OK, so it seems you have 3 Dolby audio tracks on your backup. Did you try to switch from track to track with your player's remote ?

11. vinrpi

vinrpi Member

no...Im not really sure how to do that... LOL

12. daba

daba Guest

If you made a full backup, the backup must still contain the menu, so you can switch to another audio track via the menu.

If you re-authored the DVD, there is no menu on the backup (or the menu is not operational). Your player's remote [bold]must[/bold] have a button called "audio" or "sound" or something. Not all DVDs have a menu, thus every player must offer a way to switch the audio without a menu.

So locate that "audio" button on the remote and press it. The player will switch to the next audio track (if you're on the last track, it switches to the first one). That way you can check if there is no sound at all on the backup or if you have trouble with one audio track only.

Daba

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2004