1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Viper GC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by SyCoVeNoM, Jan 19, 2005.

1. subbzero

subbzero Member

yes, i tried connecting it directly to my computers tried 3, they all did not work, then i tried on a dell desktop running windows xp and it worked. check the settings for the software carefully.

2. ryudo77

ryudo77 Guest

Yup, I've used all combinations possible with the port setting and the software setting. I did run into this problem a while back flashing an xbox modchip via the parallel port. however, the laptop that used to work with that, doesn't work with the GC programmer.

3. 0utcast

0utcast Member

Just to throw a new variation of this problem in..
    I Have correctly installed my chip and it all works ok, have flashed it twice with different bios`s and it all works fine..
    Now cobra 0.4 is out, it will not connect to the same computer, at all.
    I have checked everything, wires, solderpoints, flexwire, nothing has changed..
    But it will not flash - keep getting connection error..
    The chip still works fine though..

Any ideas ???

4. morphx

morphx Member

from 0.3 and up,you don't need to flash the bios via pc port,you can flash the bios via dvd-r,just burn the bios to a dvd-r and upgrade from bios 0.3 to 0.4

5. hudda

hudda Member

I just got my Viper GC from Divineo on the 22nd and it was shipped on the 21st. My chip wont flash as well and I have done xboxes and ps2's so I am not an amatuer. Maybe we all have bad chips. I did everything under the sun too as recommended here. Nothing seems to work. I am using a GC Plat (a/b) with digital out. Maybe we all have something in common?
    Morphex is what your saying for new installs or people who have preflashed?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  6. morphx

morphx Member

the upgrade via dvd-r metod is only for people who have flash their bios with 0.3,they can then upgrade to 0.4 via dvd-r method

far as i know,you can't flash you bios with 0.4 out the box. :/

7. spidernl

spidernl Member

hi there

I bought a chip in the netherlands. I have a zilver new GC. Mario Kart was provided with the cube.
    I have exactly the same problems as described in the forum. I also send a message to the reseller yesterday with the problems.

My problem is that I can not flash the chip because the chip can not be found.

I tried the following things:

- solder and desolder...
    - checked it with a meter and the soldering seems fine
    - I checked the flat cable and it seems fine
    - I used several computers to flash but nothing worked
    - changed settings for the LPT port (adresses and in the bios of the computer)

If I look at the board it seems that I have a revision A but the soldering point black there are three points connected. This differs from the picture revision A/B

If I get an anwer from the reseller I will post it here.

Think it's a bad serie of chips

Spidernl

8. sonnytv

sonnytv Member

I got my chip on yhe 9th and cann't get it to work either. The cpu seems to recognize the chip and says it flashes it but nothing. I have checked all my solderin multiple times with DVOHM meter and all checks out. I even brought it to someone else to check and everything is fine. My gc is rev c silver one game with mario double dash. Hopefully something will work very soon.

9. zerman

zerman Member

Hello guys
    One more with the problem :(
    I received my chip yesterdey, from satkit.com (spain).
    My board is an A/B, i don't know if the soldering is well done, don't know how to use the multimeter here, bu my console works just like there is no chip, and i can't program :(
    I don't know what to do

10. ScottyJ45

ScottyJ45 Guest

I can't fusking flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!