1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with virtual dub, partial sound only?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xpodus, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Xpodus

Xpodus Member

Hi, ok im having this annoying problem. I have been trying to convert some divx movies into dvd to play them on standalone dvd players. WEll I have used the guide on afterdawn, and 2 other guides. I have tried with tmpgenc and with dvd2svcd
    but everytinme the result is the same, good quality movie fully functinal, but NO SOUND...
    No i have searched the forum and saw that i should use virtualdub to separate the audio from the video file. So i followed the simple steps on this page :
    http://www.technosoft2000.co.uk/divx/dvd/divx2dvd/

and the sound rips fine, BUT i only get part of it... the movie is an xvid and is about 1 hour 47 minutes long
    but when i have ripped the audio the audio file is only 1 hour 7 minutes long, and yes the audio of the movie spans for the full 1 hour 47 minutes... I have 18 gigs free on teh drive so it should not be a problem of size, SO PLEASE! if u know what can be wrong, or if u know another EFFECTIVE and FUNCTIONAL method or program for doing this PLEASE answer this!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

hehe , breath deeply & count to ten :)

I would suggest a very easy way , which is to have these 2 software(s):
    MainConcept MPEG Encoder v1.4
    TMPGEnc DVD Author

In Main Concept , choose DVD > NTSC (or PAL in my case) > Layer 2 > Program (Video+Audio)

You will notice the Audio option change from 44100 Hz to 48000 Hz (DVD needs 48000 Hz)

When MainConcept is finished you will have MPEG2 DVD Compliant file , then TMPGEnc DVD Author is used to convert to VOB/BUP/IFO format.
    Guide (although it is pretty straight forward): http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/tmpgenc_dvd_author.htm

3. Xpodus

Xpodus Member

Thanx alot m8!
    i will try to see if this works now, doubt it though, considering the ways things have been going so far =(

But tnx!!

Any other ideas and hints are VERY welcome!!!