1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with VOB to DV... Please Help!

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by caudie78, Mar 28, 2005.

1. caudie78

caudie78 Member

Here's my problem. I've ripped a DVD with Mac the Ripper, compressed it with DVD2oneX, and am now attempting to convert the VOB files to DV. I've accomplished this with Drop2DV, but the DV files grow to nearly 4 times the size of the VOB files. And becauase I'm only familiar with editing out commericals in iMovie (which only lets you import files 2 gigs or smaller), I am at a stand still because each DV file is around 4 gigs after converting. And even though I haven't gotten this far, I'm concerned that after converting to DV, there are now 4 DV files that are all around 3 or 4 gigs. Assuming I can get these into iMovie or another program, how will I be able to burn a disk when the files are this large? I'd love some help with this.

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

The video on the DVD is compressed in Mpeg2 format. When you go to full resolution video the files ARE huge. You edit those huge files and then you have to recompress back to mpeg2.

It is a loooonnnnnnggggg process!

3. caudie78

caudie78 Member

that makes sence, but I guess there's no way to get a file that big into iMovie?