1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with vts files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wrabbit, Jan 19, 2007.

1. wrabbit

wrabbit Guest

Help please i have downloaded a movie that is exactly in dvd format the files are video_ts files i have tried nero express and dvd decrypter and it not working neither is dvd clone how do i burn this

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Nero or CloneDVD should have done the job if the files are already DVD compliant! You can use ImgBurn, CopyToDVD and many other programs to burn DVD compliant files ...... are you sure that the files you downloaded are not corrupt?

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

As long as the files are DVD compliant any of the common burners should do the job. The problem probably isn't there. I think IHoe may be on the right track. At least that would be a good place to start. With Nero open the Video_TS folder in Recode or open the files in DVD Shrink. Both do a quick analysis which is a good test for DVD compliance. Sometimes the problem, if there is one, can be fixed by processing with FixVTS in Full DVD. That only takes a few minutes. So check for compliance with Shrink or recode and process with FixVTS if necessary. Good luck and let us know how it's coming along.

5. wrabbit

wrabbit Guest

i have tried nero and it is telling me that the compliance is bad or something like that and dvd clone is saying that it cant find the files i can play it on the computer what do i do

6. wrabbit

wrabbit Guest

this it what dvd clone2 is telling me

writing to dvd is not succesful
    C:/saw111.unrated.dvdr replica/video_ts.ifo2 unable to open

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

There is a "2" on the end of the extension.
    It should be written as VIDEO_TS.IFO
    Try renaming it without the "2".

8. wrabbit

wrabbit Guest

how do i do that do you have a im that you can help me

9. wrabbit

wrabbit Guest

the message that im getting when i try to use nero express is

dvd video reallocation failed. this might result in a unplayable
    do you want to continue

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Do this first.
    You said that this downloaded movie is "exactly in dvd format".

So... I asume the movie is in some sort of folder:
    Start by using Windows Explorer to find and then open the
    saw111.unrated.dvdr replica folder.

Once you get that open, make a list of exactly what files are in there.

Post this list. Be accurate!

Failing video compliancy can be the result of the files being missing or misnamed, or missing required folders.

Your movie will consist of a couple of folders; an empty AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS with the video files within.
    This is what a set of video compliant files that are found inside a VIDEO_TS folder looks like:

[​IMG]

Edit:
    "reallocation failed"
    That failed because you probably have one or more "bad" files. Once I see what you have in there I may be able to tell you how to fix them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Go ahead and burn if Nero will allow it and see if the result plays. I run into that error occasionally and the resulting DVD copies play. Not saying yours will, but it's worth a shot.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If it fails, process the files with FixVTS in Full DVD mode. All you do is drag the first Video_TS.VOB onto the FixVTS window and start the processing. In place does the processing without a backup. With a backup the backup is the original files.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Pay attention to fasfrank though, what I'm saying is in addition to his comments. Programs and hardware can be picky when it comes to file naming and extensions, those need to be right. I was more or less noting that you can get those warnings with Nero and the resulting burn may work properly. All mine have so far.