1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Wifi Usb connection please

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Xenokai, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

I got this adapter... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=130066912807&rd=1&rd=1 so i could connect to my ps3 and when i get one a wii. But i cant get my PS3 to connect to the PC USB wifi adapter. It is in Ad-hoc mode like it suppose to be and i just cant get it to connect. Its a 60gb ps3 so i know it has wireless wifi. im wanting to send my pc connection to my ps3 and wii threw this adapter. i have my connection shared to the wireless adapter and i still cant get it to work. I input the SSID into both and they the ps3 just cant find a connection (says cannot find acces point) Can anyone help?

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

This is in the definetly wrong forum, and id say that Sony didnt design the PS3 to use a USB wifi converter. my guess is ofcourse it wont work, btu i may be wrong id post int he PS3 section.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

4. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

The PS3 needs to be in Infrastructure mode. Ad Hoc is a mode for communicating one PS3 with another.

Also, (this may seem like a stupid question), is the computer with adapter connected to the internet? The dongle doesn't supply internet, it just relays it on in wireless form.

5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

I got it working a day ago. the usb wifi adapter i got had the same chipset at the wifi max drivers and it has a automatic access point setup option. I dont see why i couldnt get it working before i just got lucky to find this driver lol thxs for the input tho