1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Windows 7 sharing

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jerecho, Feb 2, 2013.

1. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

I have several mapped drives on my laptop that is running windows 7. The mapped drives are from drives on my office pc. Everytime that I restart my laptop I have to manually put in my user name and password for the office computer even thought I check the box "remember user credentials"

Is there anyway around this. This is a huge pain in the ass

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi,

I have sat here and did a 15min search on your problem and it seems that it is consistent with Windows Vista and I know your on Windows 7.
    The other thing that i read that maybe of use is for you to go to your managed password section within your control pannel and user accounts.
    Within managed passwords it may have some old password credential that maybe causing the issue.
    You may want to clear the old passwords that are stored and when you are connected to the domain again in the office try connecting again.
    If you still are having the issue the only other thing that comes to mind is from home how are you connecting to the network at work or are you connecting to the network at work for example:

1. You connect to the internet
    2. You connect to the work network via VPN client
    3. Once VPN is successfully connected then try opening the mapped drive.

Keep me posted on how things go???