1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Without A Paddle

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bruceb3, Jan 11, 2005.

1. bruceb3

bruceb3 Member

When I tried to backup Without A Paddle with DVD Shrink, I got an "Insufficient quota to complete the requested service" error. I then used Decrypter (new version) to rip it to an ISO. Then went into DVD Shrink, file, open disk image and clicked on "without a paddle.MDS". After about 3 seconds, I get the same "insufficient quota" error. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Insufficient quota to complete the requested service" error can happen when your system resorces are to low for the computer to complete the task. Try shutting down and restarting.

4. vetter345

vetter345 Guest

shrink did fine on mine---i went with angle 1---2 not needed..did not need to compress..have you ever seen this before--i am thinking it is in your computer..

5. colw

colw Active member

We have an old saying in Australia:

'Up shit creek without a paddle' - means you are in deep shit and have major problems.

Seems appropriate for the content of this thread.

Probably not helpful but philosphical.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  6. bigyack

bigyack Guest

Clean up your hard drive and make sure that you empty the recyling bin when you are done. Delete anything that you don't need or use. Also make sure that you delete the temp files. I am not sure if it will help, but give it a try. I used the new DVD Shrink, and it worked ok. Good luck.

7. wardair

wardair Member

had no trouble also used shrink and decrytper and all went smoothly

hope you work it out

8. bruceb3

bruceb3 Member

Thanks bbmayo, when I did all the settings in your first guide and followed your directions, everything went smooth. Thanks again! :)

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Its no problem thats what I do :)

10. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

Hi,
    I have a problem with Without a paddle. When it plays it will show some scenes 3 times in a row. They are only about 2 seconds long the repeats but very annonying. It does it 4 times with this movie. I've had the same problem with American Wedding (Unrated Verision) and Texas Chainsaw Mascare 3. Anyone know how to fix this. Seems to only happen on unrated versions of movies.

11. mooodyb

mooodyb Guest

I had the same problem with the repeating scenes in without a paddle. I am really frustrated with this. it plays fine on my computer and doesn't skip at all. I have had this problem with a number of my movies and have tried different media as well.

12. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

Someone has to know a way to correct this. I just don't see everyone saying they like it this way. Anyone want to speak up??

13. mooodyb

mooodyb Guest

After reading through numerous threads for about two days on here and contacting the service center for dvd x copy xpress, i have quit using that software and started using dvd shrink along with anydvd running in the background. I have copied 5 movies and not had one problem. They all play perfect and don't have the annoying backup screen. I have not even had to use dvd decrypter because anydvd has removed the protection like a gen even with new releases like the grudge and passion of the Christ.