1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with XBox Modding!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Sukodin, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

I have read alot of the posts and think that this is something I would be able to do, However I have a few questions..

Currently I have nothing on my Xbox, however i was wondering 2 things..

1. I am having trouble getting my XBox to read a CD+R (CompUSA Brand).. Does this have anything to do with the brand? Should the XBox be able to play the CD+R Fine? I have a Memorex CD+RW and it works fine..

2. I have a Hard Drive that I had Windows installed on, Can I completely format the drive and use it in my Xbox?

3. Do I have to have a mod chip to increase the drive size?

4. What is the best mod chip out right now and where can I get it? I have been looking all over and there are so many chips that promise so much.. I am trying to find the best deal that wont have me waste a tun of money..

Please help!

Thanks!

2. GW_MoNeY

GW_MoNeY Member

It depends on what type of HDD you have in your hard drive if it will read CD-r's or not... & personally i have the the X-ecuter 2.3 Lite Plus... its a great solder less chip... but if you want to solder then get a X-ecuter 2.3 Lite... They are really dependable and are easy to install...

3. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

All X-Boxes are different. Some xbox drives can read CD-R such as the samsung drive which in most cases doesn't have a problem reading CdR's Aand others can only read CDrw's. Any new xecuter chips is fine or the new xenium which i heard was very cool. go to http://www.funxbox.com/cdlist.php for a list of compatible cd's, but first find out which drive you have in your xbox.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  4. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

Sorry.. I ment to say DVD+R not CD+R..

Is the X-cuter 2.3 Lite Plus chip good and easy to install? Where can I buy it and get bios for it?

5. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

You can buy it at modchip.ca, baldbouncer.com, sytem-mods.com, there are more but these are official sellars for the xecuter brand. I would get the newer x2.3b lite+ since it's the newest chip. As for the bios you can't get links, because they are illigal. You should be able to find them your self, but if you can't just Pm me and i'll give you the links.

6. GW_MoNeY

GW_MoNeY Member

Yes the xecuter 2.3 lite plus is sooo easy to install... all you need is torx 10, torx 20 and a exacto knie (i used a box cutter) and the tutorial to install is can be found on the xecuter webpage. it comes with cromwell bios installed so flashing it is not hard at all... ( Slayers Auto installer is the way to go ). i know i prolly sound annoying but trust me you wont be sorry if you buy it.

7. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah GW_MoNeY is right about the Slayer's Auto-Installer is th best app you can have after you flash the bios. It'll install all the apps you need EvoX etc all in one tool.

8. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

Thank you for all the help!

About the HDD? I have a Maxtor 80 Gig Drive.. I bought it in December to upgrade my old drive but then my comp crashed and I had to buy a whole new comp.. So I have this drive still. Can I totally wipe it and install it to my XBoX once I get the Mod Chip? Do I have to delete the partition? I saw a few walkthroughs on changing the HDD, but they all talk about you needing a NEW HDD before you can install it..

Any thoughts?

9. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

soudns good i might try to modd my box

10. Roxor132

Roxor132 Member

Ok, this is what I'm looking for: latest EvoX bios, .ini files, stuff like that. Problem is, I am so damn frustrated that I cant find them anywhere, or when I do find it, its a bit torrent file, which is waaay to slow for me. Any help?