1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with XBox online.....Different from PSX2

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DreadMe, Mar 6, 2004.

1. DreadMe

DreadMe Guest

Trying to sort out the differences between PSX2 and XBox.
    Currently we have both systems in our house. Although only the PSX2 is online.
    The XBox is not online, however my other son wants it to be.
    I understand you need the XBox live kit . BUT!!
    Am I to understand that there is a FEE to use the XBox for online play?
    With the PSX2, my older son simply goes online to play, but if my other son wants to play his XBox online, we HAVE to pay for this?
    You CANNOT simply go online to play as with the PSX2?
    Anyone shed some light on this please.
    Also what is this XBConnect I read about? Is this necessary? Useful? Or usefully necessary?
    Just some inquiries before I look into this for the XBox. We already have the sytem, not the online portion.

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

yeah you have to pay to use the Xbox Live service and you also need broadband internet in order to use it. The Xbconnect service is pretty good. theres a free version and a Pro Version in whch you pay a one time fee of 14 dollars i think. the only drawback to this is that you can't play everygame that says Xbox Live on it it only plays system link games. So Even though the game says xbox live compatible you won't be able to play on xbconnect unless its a sytem link game.

oh and p.s. xbox live is like 50 or 60 dollars US not sure about Europe since i'm in the states.

3. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

Hey, If you want to get xbox online you have to buy the xbox live kit.

THE KIT IS THE FEE! so you get 1 year worth of play with it online + the headset and whatever games come with it. After the year is up you can pay another $50 for another year worth of play, or pay per month. $50 a year is not much at all for all the features and lag free gamming you play.

I must say that i have both xbox and ps2 online and the xbox one is extreamly superior and has more functions/features. Hence why you have to buy the live kit.

4. DreadMe

DreadMe Guest

I understand. I also see that there is an XBox online adapter for wireless capability? My question here is this: Right now I have the PSX 2 capable of online play. This is accomplished via the linksys wireless game adaptor.
    Now I would assume that in order for the XBox to access the onlione play I would need another wireless adapter, right? Or if I chose the one from Microsoft, would this interfere with the PSX 2 online capabilities? I would need at some time, for these two units to access the internet at the same time.
    Hey, two kids, I'm sure they would want to play online at the same time, I know they can't play each other, but they would want to use their own system. Is this a problem?