1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with xboxhdm

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by MrPuffin, Aug 13, 2007.

1. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

whenever i try to build a new xbox hdd from scratch it comes up with an error on about the 3rd thing i think its the fatx one it tells me to reboot and reenter the tool ive tryed that about four times why does it keep having the error and how do i fix it(note: i am using a hd from a previously used computor dont think that affects it tho)

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Follow my HDD Upgrade tutorial!

3. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

ive done all of that i have an error on one of them that tells me to reboot and reenter the tool and ive done that about 4 times with 2 hdds

4. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Ive had problems before sort've like yours. You might want to try erasing your cd-rw with full erase not quick. And also burn at a lower speed maybe. This has fixed my problems in the past.

5. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

i used a cd-r does it have to be a cd-rw and i wrote at 16x speed is that slow enough

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Can you explain VERY clearly where the error is? Point it out in my tutorial...

7. MrPuffin

MrPuffin Regular member

i followed your tutoral all the way up to where i Build a new HD from scratch then type yes it will do the first two parts and on the third one it will have an error and will tell me to retry

[​IMG]

Sorry about the quality i dont know how to take screen shots so used my phones camera

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yep, that's a new one...

[​IMG]

I'd say maybe trying to re-build and reburn the disc again, maybe there was a copying flaw... I've never seen this before.

Anyone else?