1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with XMB stuff!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by omar0595, May 6, 2007.

1. omar0595

omar0595 Member

Well, i have a v3.03 firmware psp and i want to change the theme. Whenever I do that "Turn off psp, then hold R and turn on PSP" thing, a recovery menu does NOT show up? Does anyone no why?

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

You have Sony's 3.03, right?

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

downgrade to 1.5 first, upgrade to an OE. Then you can do all that cool stuff.

4. omar0595

omar0595 Member

Um, CKhaleel I believe it is SONY cause it says: DEVELOPER: SONY. I downloaded it from this site.
    The site was called

http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=12&fid=11844&catid=163

Oh and I cant downgrade to 1.5 cause i am not going to buy an Unpatched GTA: LCS from Ebay; to pricy...

5. omar0595

omar0595 Member

Um, CKhaleel I believe it is SONY cause it says: DEVELOPER: SONY. I downloaded it from this site.
    The site was called

http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=12&fid=11844&catid=163

Oh and I cant downgrade to 1.5 cause i am not going to buy an Unpatched GTA: LCS from Ebay; to pricy...

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

well, you can't do any homebrew without first downgrade. And the only way to downgrade is through unpatched gta: lcs. I'd check with your local game store/rental for used games first.

7. omar0595

omar0595 Member

Well, if I cant get the dowgrade, can i upgrade to like 3.40 oea, i heard it is like the best. All i want to do with my psp is change XMB, well that i don't care about much, but it wouldn't be bad, play homebrew games and the SNES or NES on the psp. THX!

DX

8. PSPgirl

PSPgirl Guest

If you have SONY's offical fw you cant upgrade straight to an oe fw you have to downgrade to 1.5 first then upgrade to 3.40oe

9. omar0595

omar0595 Member

That's retarded! God... gta lcs unpatched is sooo pricy! WTF IS WRONG WIT PSP AND ITS DOWN-AND-UP- GRADES!!!?

Is there anyway that I can upgrade 3.03 to ANY, i say ANY other fw which plays homebrew? Homebrew is what i mainly what accomplished.
    THX

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

nope....its Sony 1.50 or nothing when it comes to homebrew (yeah it works on these OE's -- but thats because OE's are new fw n 150 sony combind)

in other words m8:
    if you do not have a psp with the sony 1.50 firmware update on it, then you cannot do jack except play UMDs n listen to music...watch video...........browse the internet...etc

it took me only 5 phone calls to GAMESTOP's around my city, and 3 car trips...i got LCS for 17 bucks....expensive? i think not....

the ones in stores cost more, because kids do not realize that it is not *unpatched* -- n sony's making a killing off of em...

please make sure you have the right version before you say the downgrade doesnt work....cause it does....on ALL psps...

have patience n go get that ish kid!!!!!

11. omar0595

omar0595 Member

so you can actually call ebgames and gamestop.etc. and ask for an Unpatched GTA LCS? (Answer this plzzzzz) if i could that would be good. no that wouldn't be good...that'd be great

Thanks m8s who are helping.

12. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

ebgames and gamestop have a 7-day return policy on any used games.
    just buy them and try, if they are patched return them.

13. omar0595

omar0595 Member

that'd take too long. And doesnt answer my question

"so you can actually call ebgames and gamestop.etc. and ask for an Unpatched GTA LCS?"

oh and sorry for going off topic here. but who cares!

14. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

why ask us? give it a try. most they can do is ignore you.

you could check the back of the package. if it says copyrighted 2005 then it's unpatched, if it's 2006 then it's patched. However this do not always work, because gamestop/eb have game separated from the box, and sometimes there is just a generic case. so your best bet is buy it and try it out.

if you think it takes too long, then just sit on your hands then. I'm sure your psp will downgrade itself faster, if you stare at it long enough.

15. omar0595

omar0595 Member

lol blackvamp, anywyas ima buy it from EBAY! and that concludes this um thread...