1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! Won't read modded games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Thisman, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Thisman

Thisman Member

my ps2 reads normal games fine, but wont play copied or modded games, i was jst playing last night, or more like this morning at 6, and when i turned it back on a while later, its not reading modded games.

Any help?

EDIT- I jst tried out some games tht were modded with silver bottoms, and they work perfectly, i guess the problem is with the purple bottom copies.

EDIT 2- When i load up a copied game, the lazer keeps making a funny noise, then the disk stops spinning and it takes me to the "Please insert Ps2 blah blah" But when a normal game goes in, it dosent make tht sound.

EDIT 3- I have another question, can any error occur after cleaning the area where the lazer is with a q-tip? Because now, the ps2 cant read silver bottom games as well as original. I really need help please. I also tried changing the white gears at the top too (i have a 50001 model) and tht didnt help, but i did remember to put them back to where they were.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. Thisman

Thisman Member

please im in desperate need of help!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

first thing i would try is good media
    If you do it correctly cleaning your laser is a good thing.
    If you fool with the white gears (laser allignment) make sure you mark the original position with a pen so you can put it back if needed. If it reads originals fine then it is most likely the discs
    you use and not the laser that is the problem.

4. Thisman

Thisman Member

now all of a sudden its not reading original games, things are jst going down hill...

5. Thisman

Thisman Member

please...?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

if you messed with the white gears (laser allignment)
    then you can very easily make it stop reading anything.
    That is why you read tutorials before you start messing around with things you know nothing about.

You can try adjusting it again, just turn it the opposite way than you did the first time. Do it one click at a time. This will take a long time as you have to move it one click, then put it all back together and test it, and keep doing that until it reads the discs again.

If it is not the allignment then it may just be that your laser has gone bad.