1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help xbox 360 error code 1022

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mikep3000, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mikep3000

mikep3000 Member

bought a xbox 360 jtag 3.0 off a dude from ioffer back in feb. and worked fine for a while then in june fuzzy screen. turned it off and e 74 error code 1022. then did the penny trick and that worked for a while and same thing. then i heatgun the chip on high for 3 mins and worked fine for 2 weeks and again e 74 error code 1022. any ideas what im doing wrong? when i put pressure on the chip it goes back to running perfectly. even when playing for 10 hours leaveing it on it will be fuzzy for the first 2 mins and then fuzzy screen goes away and can be used perfectly but when i turn it off sometimes..... e74 error code. any ideas would be great

thanks

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

you will never get it to last a long time, but your reflow is not getting hot enough and you probably need some flux, i would get one of the screw kits and see if that dont increase your lifespan. the only way to fix it for good is reball it.

3. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

1022 is a pain in the but.
    I just trashed an xbox that had the e74 with 1022 time after time.
    Even after x-clamp fix, 12v mod, penny trick, heatgun reflow several times.
    Reballing is the only way to get it fixed the right way.