1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!! Xbox 360 only read DVD part!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by twisty1er, Jan 30, 2007.

1. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

Hey everybody I flashed the drive with the latest firmware but when I place a copied game in the drive it only reads the DVD part that says "Please place Xbox 360 game in console" and it also does this for the original games Anybody can help! im starting to shed tears just got my 360 on saturday HELP

2. motomods

motomods Regular member

the only advise i can offer is for you to reflash the drive.

3. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

Mine was doing this without any flash upgrades. Sent it to be repaired and they sound the drive was going bad.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Which drive do you have in your 360?

5. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

MS 25 everything was working good until I flashed the drive yesterday right after the flash it did this

any other suggestions

the drive isnt briked because it still reads just not original or Xbox 360 backups

6. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

Ya, still same problem I had. Played movies and music fine. Granted I never flashed my 360. I dind' get this everytime either, just every now and then. I made a thread about it on the xb0x forums.

http://forums.xbox.com/7908107/ShowPost.aspx

7. sourD

sourD Regular member

If you get a bad flash you do get that error. I flashed without putting my key on the new firmware and got that exact msg your getting. Could only play dvd movies reflashed with my key and everything is working great. Pop in an 0800 ISO disk and see if that "reboots" the drive (stopped mine from acting weird) and then try re flashing.

8. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

What program did you use to place you key in the hacked bin did you use
    "Key drive extractor patcher" or
    "HexKey editor"

thnks in advance

9. sourD

sourD Regular member

I used some program called KDX that did not patch my key into my bin. I then used a hex editor to manually copy my key over and after inserting a 0800 to disable the firware guard it flashed perfectly and started playing originals and backups again. There are a ton of tutorials around showing where to edit the key into the bin at.

10. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

thnks First I used the same one you used that messed me up too which was that KDS thats the one I used as well
    "KDS" KeyDrive Extractor then I used "360 firmware toolbox 3.0" it plays and all but I think something isn't right drive spins when nothing is in there

Test and see only way to find out if thats the problem

SO im going to flash my drive again and im going to use the HexKey Editor THNKX again

By the way what version of the firmware r u on??

11. sourD

sourD Regular member

5.1a here with no problems. Did have some open tray error but ran the 0800 disk and it stopped telling me the tray was open when it was closed. I dont want to disect it again untill I have too.

12. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

thnks a lot I think now im going to try the 5.2 A, B and D tried C already didn't like the results Until I find the perfect one

thnx for all the info