1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help xbox 360 turns off randomly.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by mmejia12, Dec 28, 2010.

1. mmejia12

mmejia12 Member

I just but an xbox 360 with an already flashed dvd drive, I had no problems with it in the beginning and i could play it for a good 4-6 hours without it getting hot. One morning though i went to play a game and I turned on the console, popped in a disc and started playing but soon enough in like 15-20 minutes the screen went black and it quickly turned off. The first thing i thought was, oh no the red ring of death so i got up and tried to turn it on. Nothing happened no lights no rings nothing. I waited a bit hoping it might turn on later and sure enough it did but once again but this time in about 10 minutes it turned off again. So i tried to turn it on and the same thing happened. It keeps doing this turning on and then 10 minutes later it turns off. I was looking up in the internet and i found something that said that the power supply might be the cause. I went and checked the and psu light was orange and all the cables were plugged in right. I doubt this is it the because when i go to pick up the psu its not hot just a little warm. Could someone please help i want to play my games again.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. ASSMAN17

ASSMAN17 Member

i just want to learn more about this stuff need to no more

3. mmejia12

mmejia12 Member

Well i stopped playing it for a week and never connected it to the power or anything and today ive been playing for 2 hours without a problem. I was looking on the internet and they said the problem might be with the capacitors.