1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help xbox messed up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by MUNKYEARS, Apr 13, 2007.

1. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

me and my 10 year old bro share the xbox i had evox on it but i come home from school and find out that i cant get on it it comes up with error 21 requires service blah blah... i can boot games i loaded up splintercell that i installed softmod with the linux profile are their but i clicked it too try and uninstall the softmod and reinstall but i clicked it but it returned to error 21

plz help i have no copy of eeprom but i think only e drive has gone is their any way to boot into the online dash that was in c drive if so i could copy the linux save from pc and overwrite the one that is their and reinstall the softmod some how

2. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i have another xbox that has been softmodded if that helps in anyway that is fully functional and i dont know which cable i have. i got it free with the pc but both ends fit in xbox and router so can i ftp into the xbox somehow

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

error 21 - 21 - anywhere -

This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag

This occurs frequently when the xbox is unable to boot due to dashboard changes being made (ie Gcue true blue hasnt been resigned, parts of the stock dash are missing - incomplete FTP backups copied to a new HDD for example).

Fix if I were you i would get a slayer 2.7 iso off bittorrent and burn it to a cd-r once you do that I will help you with the rest

4. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

Use AID 3.0
    to fix error 21
    or uninstall the softmods go to your HDD and delete anything taht has to do with soft mods except sid 4.0 and the other linux files keep those 2and delete the rest the reinstall the mod but dont forget to make and Ms back-up and eeprom back-up

mikeh0303
    and um im pretty sure an xbox cant read CD-R's

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  5. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

It depends on the drive in your xbox mine has no problem reading them(cd-r's and dvd-r's), while my friends wont read cd-r's but it will read dvd-r's

6. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

im pretty sure he has a stock drive
    but ok

7. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

the xbox looks for dvd first if no dvd it goes to dash board mode but error 21

and i dont have dvd rewriter to make a slayer disc

how big is slayer

8. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i cant uninstall the softmod i tried to goto splintercell linux profile to uninstall and reinstall but i cant it just goes to error 21 i think my only chance of getting my xbox back to life is that using either slayer or Auto installer deluxe but i could try it with cd rw

9. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

DAMN, no luck i tried them both on cd rw and cd r but it wont boot so i am doing a usb hack throught the memory card it boots to a screen that looks like binary code? i know the xbox architecture is just like a pc but binary code on the xbox? well anyway could i boot the xbox by putting it on the mem stick that connects throught the usb

10. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

i have a stock drive

11. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

its not that big 300mb i think.

12. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

ok if you can boot to the splinter cell softmod on ur xbox then you should be able to ftp from that and u can get your eeprom and use xbox hdm to fix your hard drive

13. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

thanks cakes but i dnt know what cable i got

it came with the pc which is a dell

both ends fit in the xbox and pc but i had a look at the ftp threads but i cant identify my cable anyone help me out

14. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

Look for wrighting on the cable if it says "LAN" anywhere on it it will work. If it fits into your pc it will work.

15. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

you will need to find the ip address of you xbox you can do this in evox by going to system managment.

Your xbox password and user name will be

xbox (for both)

and you should use 21 in the box that asks you for the port to use.

16. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yes if your cable came with a pc it will work then you can ftp to your pc and fix whatever you want.

17. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

thanks all for the help

i will try this tommorow when i have time

hope it works lol

18. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

yeh.. thanks to all who tried to help.. i got so stressed i took my xbox outside and poured petrol on it then lit it...

i got really annoyed.. and i could not be bothered fixing it so i just bought a xbox 360 lol anyone want spares like controller memory cards etc... i took all the bits out apart from case and motherboard lol it was fun

ill post the vid on youtube

19. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

are you serious!!?? i would have bought that xbox from you. oh well sounds fun anyway.