1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Xecuter 2.6 Plus RED AND GREEN!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jim55063, Dec 13, 2004.

1. jim55063

jim55063 Member

Okay, here's the deal. I got the mod in the mail today (the 2.6 plus solderless) and I was under the false impression that I had to suck all of the solder out of the pins to get the chip in. Well I started heating and sucking with a $10 radio shack solder remover and it took me like 10 mins to get 2 holes cleared so I said screw it but I melted some of the board around it and. I installed the mod anyways with my fingers crossed and the xbox booted up perfectly with the bios flash screen coming up. Then I was trying to get the wires to the outside of the xbox for the external switch, I unscrewed the mobo screws (in vain) and finally got it through the controller port. Anyways I reinstalled the mod and all of a sudden it starts up 3 times and then flashes red and green!? I removed the mod and still the same. Nothing will even show up on the TV screen? Now I'm stuck. I've checked all of the connections and everythings plugged in, the only thing I can figure is that the solder sucking screwed something up. Here is a picture of what I did:

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41be5c2dz8ffdc95e/jim_55063/__sr_/71e7.jpg?pfV2lvBBW3nMtUG4

New Mobo? Also it clicks when I connect the power cord. New power supply (already have installed one).

2. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004