1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by golden_35, Jun 3, 2003.

1. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I dont know if i am confused or what, the method i am using is to extract the large files off of a dvd-9 including the .ifo that goes along with them. After this, i can remove the extra subtitles, languages, etc that i dont want with dvd2one so that i can reduce the size. Without compressing the movie itself. After that, i can encode the movie with tmpgenc so that it will create an mpeg-2? That is where i am confused, i cannot seem to figure out how to load the vob files into tmpgenc! When i what to input a file, it only lets me choose from media files! The reason i am choosing this method is because i would like to use dvd complete to create a menu for the movie afterwards so it will play in my standalone dvd player. P.S. when i encode the vobs with tmpgenc (after i find out how), do i want interlace or non-interlace. Also, why does tmpgenc make you encode it at 704x480, isnt the resolution supposed to be something like 720x480? Thank you

2. thingimij

thingimij Guest

if the film is small enough to go on a dvdr why dont you use ifo mode in dvd decrypter and just extract the .m2v and the .ac3.

then author.

thingimijig.

3. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I see, what program would i use to burn the .m2v and .ac3?

4. kbuegel

kbuegel Member

You would need DVD authoring software, like Ulead's DVD Factory 2.0, which has a 30 day trial. That will let you import your MPEG's (should be a combined file of audio and video, not split up) and create a menu (if you want) and will export the .vob, .ifo and .bup files to your hard drive in whatever directory you specify, or directly to DVD if you want. I usually write to hard drive to see what it looks like, then write to DVD with Nero 5.5 as a final step.
    Note: the DVD authoring software may try to transcode your MPEG again unless you tell it not to. In ulead's software, there is a checkbox that says "don't re-encode if format is DVD compliant" or something like that.