1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bigearl, Jun 19, 2003.

1. bigearl

bigearl Guest

I am new at copying PS2 games. I have a Pioneer DVR-105 drive and I am using Nero software. I have the swap magic disc with a mod chip. I've tried burning NBA Live 2003 and Splinter cell and neither work. I insert the DVD disc into my PS2 and hit eject when the "insert disc" screen pops up. I then put the copyied game in and it loads into the PS@. When I hit X the box around the screen turns black and nothing happens. I have successfully burned High Heat 2004 (CD-R Game) and it works with no problems. I am assuming this means that nothing is wrong with my mod chip. Am I missing something. I am very disappointed that this isn't working (spent a lot of $ on this). I hope someone can help. I've heard sopmething about a patch? Can someone explain?
    Thanks

2. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

hi some chips only read cd-r discs so no matter how you make a dvd backup it will not boot.Also if it was on a +r disc and your ps2 is version 1-4 it most probaly wont read it as older ps2's do not support +r media except an odd few you could try dvd decryper which burns the game to your hard drive as an iso file which the wiil also write the file for you

3. bigearl

bigearl Guest

I have a V7 PS2 and the mod I have came with a swap magic cd boot disc, and a dvd boot disc.
    I'm not sure what the name of the disc is. I bout it from consolesource.com and it said "no solder mod chip with swap magic discs." Also I used DVD-rw

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2003
  4. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

thats your problem you will be very lucky
    if you get a ps2 to read a rw disc im all most certain it will work if you use a normal -r disc especially since you have a v7 hope it works for you