1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Bman35, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Bman35

Bman35 Guest

i have the same problem, i get out of sync audio after using tmpgenc to convert to mpeg. I know the problem with me has to do with the fact that the avi's used compressed audio, but evertime i try to decompress it (i have tried using virtualdub and the decompressor that comes with avi2vcd) the new avi file goes out of sync. i have read through forums/sites and i have seen plenty of questions on out of sync mpegs, and i keep hearing that the audio in the avi needs to be decompressed, but im having a problem getting the decompressed avi to run in sync itself, the avi starts out fine, but as the movie goes on it gets more and more out of sync. I think the problem has to do with some screwed up codecs i have, especially since when i ran virtualdub for the first time it gave me a warning and a list of hacked codecs on my system:

1)Divx Low motion/fast motion Mircrosfoft mpeg-4 v3 video

2)divx audio: microsoft windoes media audio

3)"Radium" MP3: Fraunhofer-IIs mpeg layer III audio

dunt know how i got these codecs but would like any help in figuring out how to get them off and any other additional help in getting decompressed avi files that dont go off sync. I'm a total n00b at this so bare with me and thanks for any help.

2. Avatar2k

its not to do with your codecs the audio needs to be extracted from the avi file by using the virtual dub program there is plenty of help on here telling u how to it will go out of sync when playing the avi file because of the computer has to decompress it while it plays and unless your computer is the dogs round things it wont be in sync but using vitual dub and tmpge together to convert to a mpeg then the file will be in sync and also the file can then be burned to a vcd hope this helps

3. Avatar2k

ps even though the codecs u have may not be able to be uninstalled in the usual way down load the kazza lite codec pack even though kazza is crap the codec pack is good try this
    aswell

4. Avatar2k