1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dukenuke8, Sep 13, 2003.

1. dukenuke8

dukenuke8 Member

I have a problem...I have tried burning Evangelion set 2 about four times and it has never worked. I have set 1 already, so I know it should work, but I can't figure out what's wrong. I have even ripped it to my hard drive multiple times in case I had messed that up somehow. Whenever I attempt to play the disc after burning it, though, my computer says that the disc may have been damaged and it cannot be played. Any suggestions would help a lot, I'm getting really sick of wasting DVDs, I'm a poor college student and can't afford wasting $$ even if it's only a buck a pop. I have burned many DVDs and up until now I haven't had any real problems. I have been using DVD Shrink 3.0 beta and Nero 6 Ultra. I use an HP DVD writer 300vi that uses +r, 1.53 GHz processor, 512MB ram. I have been using Power DVD to play movies._X_X_X_X_X_[small]--dukenuke8[/small]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003
  2. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

More info please. What type of media, what burning software, what types of media does your DVD Player play? All of this will help us answer your question. It may be that your media isn't high quality. You may end up having to spend a few extra bucks to make your backups work.

3. dukenuke8

dukenuke8 Member

I was looking at the source disc and it doesn't look like it has any large scratches, just a couple small ones, no more than a normal used dvd.

4. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

I'm not talking about scratches. If you used a cheap media, you will get what you paid for. Use a high wuality dick like verbatim to get top results.

5. dukenuke8

dukenuke8 Member

I've been using some Arita and some Maxell and I've burned about 10 of each and haven't had any problems yet, you think that's still the problem?

6. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

It may be the problem, but it may not be. I don't know what to tell you.If everything has worked before, then it should still work. Try a different movie and if it works, then it must be something to do with that disc... Hope this helped!

7. mmoore

mmoore Member

well the best and easiest way i found to copy dvd is to use dvd shrink and also nero ...I have backup 100 movies ... also I dont use nero 6 it caused alot of problems ..I used nero 5.5.10.42

works for me everytime

i have not tried eposides series yet but I am sure it could do it ..well let me know if this works for ya

questions

add me as contact and shoot me a message

giovanni40220@msn.com

8. headhuntr

headhuntr Member

ive backed up the entire cowboy bebop series and i really went through some dvds trying to get it right these are the programs i used
    first i ripped each episode seperatly with dvd shrink just rip them theres no need to compress them then after that i used tempgenc dvd author to author the movies together with nice menus
    last i use record now max to burn it to my dvd-rs

9. dukenuke8

dukenuke8 Member

Thanks for the help, I still haven't been able to play it on my computer, but I found that I can play it on my stand-alone DVD player. So I guess that's good enough, I'll have to deal with it. Thanks again.

10. koola

koola Guest

Mmoore, have you heard of spam bots?

I would remove it quickly or get a hella lot of junk mail.

:D

11. mmoore

mmoore Member

dont knwo how to edit it out now lol

12. baabaa

baabaa Active member

mmoore

Open up the thread and click on edit message (left hand side under your nickname) at the correct post, then just delete it and save changes.....

13. mmoore

mmoore Member

i dont get it ..LOL i dont have an edit by my name ..I have searched out to thread and gone manuallly ...so i am confused lol

14. koola

koola Guest

Strange, if the message is not there, then you are probs not logged in?