1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hlr429, Sep 29, 2003.

1. hlr429

hlr429 Member

i download a movie, and converted it to an mpeg file, but when i try to burn it with nero, i get an error message, saying that it's an unsupport file format. the file converts to mpeg fine, but i noticed that there is an additional file form in the coverting process. the additional file, is an .rsrc file. i think it was encode with mac and i am a pc user.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

does the file play? in powerdvd say or windows medis player?

not sure what your rsrc file? but nero v6 has bugs get update for v6.0.0.15 !!! maybe that?

are you trying to burn to dvd? or keep as mpeg?

did you burn file as mpeg1 or mpeg2 ? as nero might not like one or you need an mpeg2 code update from nero website but you have to buy i think?

thxxx

3. hlr429

hlr429 Member

both powerdvd and media player says that the file is an unsupported file format.i'm trying to burn to cd-r, which i have done before. when i convert from cue/bin to mpeg 1, the file converts with no problem, but after it is converted to mpeg, it won't play. i looked up .rsrc file on the net, and it said that it was a mac file, but i am a pc user, could this be the problem and if so, how can i convert a file that was encode with mac to pc format

4. hlr429

hlr429 Member

ok, i got it to play in powerdvd, but the picture is scrambled, and each chapter of the movie is a separate mpeg, now what

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

6. hlr429

hlr429 Member

ok, that worked, now i have one of the files that is too big to put on cd-r, is there a way to expand the file so that i can copy it to 2 disks instead of one

7. koola

koola Guest

Ok, it sounds like your doing alot od hard work and getting no where.

An easier method is to use the MainConcept Mpeg encoder and re-encode the downloaded file into either VCD or SVCD, ( make sure you enter the correct bitrate)then burn using Nero.

Easy :D

8. hlr429

hlr429 Member

ok, i tried that, but it on recorded segments, i would really like to know how to expanded the file to another disk or compress it, because the quailty is great, please give me a solution

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Out fo curiosity, why would it have created a binary file when converting to Mpeg1 (.RSRC)?

10. hlr429

hlr429 Member

the file was download as a .rar file, i unpacked it and converted it to a cue/bin file, and from there, converted it to a mpeg, but in the process of converting to a cue/bin file an additional file was created with the extension .rsrc

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ah right, what program did you use to convert the CUE & BIN file to mpeg? TMPGEnc?

12. hlr429

hlr429 Member

no, when i unpack the .rar files it automaticaly converted, i used winrar

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Winrar converted CUE / BIN to mpeg format? Im not really up on CUE / BIN files since i dont use them ya see ;-)

14. hlr429

hlr429 Member

no, winrar converted .rar files to cue/bin. i tried to use tmpgenc to split the cue/ bin file into two parts, but every time i hit run i boots me out