1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by chajun, Oct 31, 2003.

1. chajun

chajun Member

I did do a search of previous questions to no avail.

Hi. I recently bought a JVC DVcam GR-D31EK with it is Image mixer 1.1 When I attempt to capture video from the camera via firewire I keep getting a message saying the prog must close. I am able to control the camera ie playback etc. However I appear to be able to capture still frames. My op system is XP home. Any help appreciated

2. ReeL12

ReeL12 Guest

What software are you using for capture?
    I had similar problems with premiere, and those were cosed by bad firewire link (ran out of battery and cams connector was bit lose). I could control the cam but couldn't load video until I restarted windows. Windows doesn't like if connection falls, allthou it should be hotswap...

3. chajun

chajun Member

Hello. The softwear is the supplied one with the JVC camera ie Image mixer vers 1.1 .
    It's driving me batty at the moment.
    I also have some softwear called Video Deluxe se. Which is the same problem. It;s neither the camera or the firewire lead and I always do capturing with mains powered Camera. Have tried alternative camera same problem. I also have Pinnacle Studio 8 edit softwear which works ok but has very limited transisions for edit.
    regards

4. ReeL12

ReeL12 Guest

If you have tried with other camera with same problems and other software with better results the problem must be the software you are trying to use...
    Load footage with Pinnacle Studio and edit with software you like. Advantages of digitized clips really are that you can use various apps with it.