1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by magic1, Jan 15, 2004.

1. magic1

magic1 Member

I have got started to burn my own dvd-r's. I am using Ritek dvd-r's printable and am burning using Nero 5.5 The video is only 5 mins long so not too big. The problem I have is that it plays perfect all the way through on my XP PC but on some of the dvd's it stops palying and freezes for a few seconds at intervals during palyback on my multi-regional home dvd player.
    Pleasee can you experts help me. Is the dvd's I am using, is the the KIIRO Multiregional dvd player. Shouls I but different disks. I also need to know what you think are the best DVD-R's that you can buy (printable ones only please)
    Please can you respond asap as I need to fix this problem and was given this webiste address form the guy who supplied me with the Riteks

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

the video is only 5 minutes long? what kind of structure is the source file. is this from a home movie or is it a clip of something. Have you processed the video in other ways.

We don't really have enough information but I suspect that it is related to what the source file is and how it was processed before it got burned.

3. magic1

magic1 Member

WOW, thank you for your reply.
    It's a dvd of my magic tricks that I am selling online. If you let me know how to find out the xource code I will let you know.
    Many thnaks,
    Magic1

4. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

you have a movie of yourself. how was that created?

when you put the dvd in you computer, instead of letting it play, look at the dvd and look at the files on the disc.

do all the discs stop playing and freeze on the standalone or is it just some of them.

5. magic1

magic1 Member

Hi there,
    Sorry I can't help you at present, my dvd drive has gone weird. It will open but will not allow me to play and dvd at all. When I inseret a dvd autorun etc-power dvd etc does not even run, so I run it myself and it says- please insert disk into drive??? It's there as we speak but it not picking it up. Do you think I could have ruined the drive as I've only had it for 1 week but I must confess that I have been printing my own dvd's with the epson r300 printer and playing it straight away? I realise this may be the cuase as I have been out todya to buy some Verbatim printable dvd and on my printer I set the diameter to a smaller one for the inside so I could print more onto the Verbatim and a notice popped up saying that you must not use htis printed disk-dvd for at least 24 hours after it is printed!!!!! No one told me. Since today the problem with the dvd rive-rewriter has just got worse.
    What do you think? I look forward to your learned reply.
    Many many thanks.
    Magic1

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If the drive's only a week old take it back and tell them it doesn't work. If they ask why just stare at them with your mouth half-open.

If the software told you to let the disc dry before using it maybe the still-wet ink particles can come off the disc while it's spinning and muck up the lens. That may be why your drive isn't reading anything. Anyone else have an idea?