1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Rama04, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Rama04

Rama04 Member

hi im new at this and i copyed my film from nero on to my computer and it gave me video_ts.bup and video_ts.ifo and vts_01_0.bup and vts_01_0.ifo and vts_01_1.vob and vts_01_2.vob and i don't have a clue what this means i want to copy a dvd onto my computer and this files apears and my mate says i should delete some of those files above but with one please please can you help me thanks shane

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

If you used Nero ROM to rip the movies it won't work because of the CSS encryption.

If you want a movie on your hard drive i suggest using DVD Decrypter :)

3. Rama04

Rama04 Member

hi thanks for that i downloaded the progam and it is the same as nero do you know why please? shane

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The native format for DVD files are VOB, IFO, and BUP. All of them are needed.

When you rip a DVD to your hard drive all these files should be ripped to a folder labeled VIDEO_TS. If you're wanting to play them from your hard drive with a software player such as PowerDVD or WinDVD you need to select the option to open files from your hard drive then open the entire folder, not just the single files contained within.