1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tethom40, Sep 4, 2004.

1. tethom40

tethom40 Member

Here goes. I have read and reread the instructions listed on this forum (there was one that was especially detailed and I just knew that would be the one for me) however, I have been trying for over a week to make a copy of a DVD movie. I have downloaded DVD encrypter and DVD shrink. I also have purchased InterVideo DVD Copy 2. I have tried repeatedly to make this work. Using DVD encrypter I just copied the movie from disk to hard drive, but when I go to write using the encrypter it just doesn't do anything. When I try to use the Intervideo DVD copy 2 it gives me the message "Media not Writable". Can someone please tell me how to do this? I am very frustrated at this point. Thanks.

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Hello tethom40,

Do you mean dvd decrypter?

What blank discs are you using?

3. tethom40

tethom40 Member

Yes, I mean DVD Decrypter and I am using Verbatim DVD+R. Thanks for helping me.

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

What model dvd writer do you have,
    it may only write to dvd-r not dvd+r.

5. tethom40

tethom40 Member

My computer is HP laptop zt3349cl. Pentium M, 1500mhz processor, 512mb ram, windows XP home 2002 service pack 1, dvd is Toshiba odd-dvd sd-r6252. (On the box that the computer came in it says dvd+) Thank you for helping me. I tried all day (and I mean literally all day) yesterday different things I found on these forums and nothing I did worked.

6. michigan

michigan Guest

It apprars that you don't have a DVD RW (writer) drive you only Have a DVD rom (read only memory) drive. Without a DVD RW (writer) drive you can't wirte to a DVD.

7. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I just had a look on google and it's listed as both a dvd-r and dvd+r writer.
    My guess is that the discs are not compatable with the writer, may be worth trying a different brand, different speed, etc.
    You could also update the firmware for your dvd writer.
    This is a common cause of writing problems.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Athlon XP2500+Barton OC'd to XP3200+ running at 2.2Ghz
    Asus A7N8X-X
    1Gig 400DDR Ram
    160Gb Seagate Barracuda[/small]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  8. michigan

michigan Guest

cool sig agent-k. how did you do it?

9. tethom40

tethom40 Member

How do I update the firmware on this dvd? Also, should I be using a dvd+r or dvd-r. I have tried Verbatim DVD+r and also Fuji dvd-r.
    I checked the box again and it says dvd + rw/r cd combo drive.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
  10. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

michigan,

I used 'Ulead gif animator 5' to create a simple text banner head then narrowed it a bit.
    Then I used some of the web space allowed to me by my isp (Wanadoo) to create a web site. There's nothing else on the website other than a couple of practise gif's I did. I called my website 'my gif storage space'. I uploaded the image to the website so that I could link the url to my sig.
    Glad you like it.

tethom40,

try looking at the Toshiba website and I'll go and have a look around as well.

11. Ian58

Ian58 Member