1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xiaobao12, Oct 2, 2004.

1. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

This is my first post on this forum so please forgive me if I say anything stupid. I am having a problem with the issue of burning a PS2 back-up from a PS2 back-up. I have no problem burning and playing on a backup that was copied from an original but with a backup from a backup, it burns fine but when I put it in the PS2 machine, it only gets as far as the "Playstation" logo. The browser page dims as usual followed by the "playstation" logo and then the screen remains black. Can anybody help me with this? I am assuming that the backup that i copied from was bad, even though it plays fine in my PS2. So, tonight, I am going to try to burn a backup from a successful backup and see what happens.

Also, does it matter if the backup that you are copying from is either a DVD-R or a DVD+R or a DVD-ROM? What about if the surface of the DVD is blue? I've heard of PS2's having trouble reading from this blue surface and could this be linked to a computer trying to read it?

Thank you all for your patience and for your help.

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

do you reeaally need to backup a backup?
    Its possible but is it nessaaasary?
    you can use dvd + or -
    Dvd disks are not blue bottem, only PS2 cd-rom.

3. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

Thanks for your reply. So if it is a blue bottom PS2 CD, how do I back that up? Like I would with a DVD?

4. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

you need alcohol 120% or clone cd to make them and you also need a blank cd-r