1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by soxbox, Oct 11, 2004.

1. soxbox

soxbox Guest

Hi!! Well I am almost a tad embarassed to say this, but after about 5 days of trying to burn a DVD, finally I got it to work.. and I found all my woes were due to one stupid thing... Since I am using XP, I have multiple users on the computer, just so my roommate has her own and I have mine. Well, her's is the guest one and apparently, DVD Shrink/Nero/Decrypter do not like to function properly while signed onto the guest. As soon as I switched to mine, the main user, all the problems went away... it still takes a while (about 2 hours) but I attribute that to my 256RAM. I did just purchase another 256, so hopefully I can chop that down. Maybe this can help some poor other soul like myself... Ah, how wonderful it feels to finally have burned my very own DVD :) Thanks so much for all the help!!!!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hee hee.

At least you got it figured out. Happy burning :)

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi lauren,
    does the new increment of ram make a difference when burning.Good to hear that your probs are sorted.

andmerr

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I dig the sig andmerr.
    The last slash looks kind of like poo flying. ;)

Thanks Nephilim for refreshing my memory on that. While I'm off topic. It's kind of funny to think of you speaking spanish because for some reason I picture you as the guy eating the sub in your old sig.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i like it as well .Its kenshin from RurouniKenshin wandering samurai.I HAVE all 22 dvds of the anime series.Worth checking out if you are into that scene.

have fun looking at my swordsman

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I'm really into the Initial D series. Got all the manga and video available in english. Couldn't wait for the rest so I bought a japanese box set on e-bay. But apparently there's still more.

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@soxbox
    Don't post your questions multiple times. It's against the rules, and people trying to help you won't know what's already been suggested or what you've already tried.

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey zippyd havent really got into initial D series but i will send you a post shortly with a current list of my manga titles for perusal and see if you have any

andmerr

9. soxbox

soxbox Guest

hi! sorry about that. i orginally wanted my question on another thread, but never having left one, i did not realize reply would continue to add to a current thread.... so after I left this original post, I realized it was not where I wanted it. Promise not to do it again :)

PS Up to 4 dvd's now....

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

good on ya
    keep asking questions as there are a lot of experts here to help you

PS up to about 4011 now

andmerr

11. zippyd

zippyd Active member

andmerr
    I started to do the copy paste bit but it was going to take 40 minutes to do it so I cancelled the process. I had to play it in my intervideo player before it would let me copy.

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

it might initially say 40 mins but you might find that it will be much less ,it seems to quicken up heaps

13. zippyd

zippyd Active member

no it initially said an hour

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

but did it take an hour

15. regor

regor Regular member

wouldn't it be: needs to be cutting off someone's arm 'AND' head to make it perfect???

grin